Kentucky-Louisville

DJ help in Louisville!

I am looking for a great DJ to get the party started.  My wedding party and many guests are under 25 and I really want it to be a party. Beer, wine (unlimited) and hors d'oeuvres will be served so I want the party to last and I feel the DJ can make or break my reception. ceremony and reception downtown Louisville at Frazier History Museum

Re: DJ help in Louisville!

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I can't help...my DJ comes with my venue, so I didn't have to research anything on this.
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jack Gill with Dance Party Unlimited is AWESOME.  He charges $1200 for a wedding, but he will keep your dance floor packed.  He does a great job and I always recommend him.  I do not recommend using You're Next Karaoke and DJ or Hey Mr. DJ (different from Hay DJ whom I've heard good things about).  Both of those were really bad at the weddings I saw them at.
  • skittles1977skittles1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Sounds Unlimited Productions.  They were great and they did some lighting for us as well.  The total with lighting was around 1600.00.  They also did the music at our ceremony as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Adkins Island DJ.  I saw their ad and decided to call them.  He talked with me on the phone for about 20 minutes about who they are and why they do what they do.  Apparently they have had bad past experiences at their own weddings and friend's weddings with DJ's and decided to go into business because they felt like they knew what people wanted in a DJ.

They have 3 packages, each containing more lights/better speakers than the one before.  The silver package was $250 for 4 hours, the gold package was $400 for 4 hours, and the platinum package was like $500 for 4 hours.  You can also ad additional time for only $25/hour.

I am on a very limited budget, so the DJ was almost an afterthought.  I thought I couldn't afford one but wanted to get the party going somehow so I decided to research it.  Here is their website http://adkinsisland.com/home.aspx
  • hanneal88hanneal88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!
  • faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Sounds Unlimed Production as well!  They've gotten a million great reviews and were very knowledgeable and helpful so far in the process.

EDIT: We're also having our ceremony at the Frazier, and Julie and Sarah there said SUP was out of this world so I felt very confident going with them too. :)
  • bmerantebmerante member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with Glen Davis from Hey Mr. DJ and he was an absolute joke. He wanted to do magic tricks and have guests dress up in costumes and have smoke machines and a floor to ceiling video screen with music videos..... absolute clown. I'm using Corey Leonardo from Partyzone Productions Entertainment.... He is $1000 and I will let you know in August how it went. But he doesn't play rap... I've heard nothing but good things though! Fingers crossed! 
  • edited December 2011
    bmerante ... I would love to know what you thought of Cory and Partyzone. I've been in contact with him about dj'ing our wedding next June and he seems really great, knowledgable and reasonably priced compared to some other dj's I've heard about.

Thanks so much!! Congrats on your wedding!!
  • boutiquebabyboutiquebaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our DJ was Mike of Pinnacle Entertainment.  His prices are reasonable and uses quality equipment.  He did exactly what we requested - songs, keeping to a timeline, etc. Mike always returned our calls and emails in a timely manner and made us feel comfortable by throughly answering our questions.  He made sure the wedding spotlight was on us.  His phone number is 645-8683.  Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards