Destination Weddings Discussions

Favor opinions

I have been on a wedding frenzy lately ! gotten a lot accomplished so feeling good =) I am not moving towards favors and had originally planned on doing chocolate covered coffee beans from CR. However I found the cutest favor bags that I want to use !

Do you think the chocolate beans would look silly in this bag ? I could also do just regular coffee from CR. What do you think?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Favor opinions

• I love it!!! I think they go just fine -- so I don't know anything about coffee or chocolate (don't really like either), so do you eat chocolate covered coffee beans? Or do you make coffee with them? Sorry for the super ignorant question! Ha!
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE the bags!  I think the chocolate covered coffee beans would be great in them. 
  • You eat them lol ! I just did not know if they would look good in the bag b/c it says "love is brewing" with a coffee scoop. But I guess since they are coffee oriented it would be fine !
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi!

Can I ask where you are getting the chocolate coffee beans? I am having trouble figuring out what to put in the OOT bags. I was thinking CR snacks and just have them drop shipped to the resort.

Are you doing anything in addition of the coffee beans? I don't want to go overboard, and love your idea of the chocolate covered coffee beans. =)

Thanks!
    Shannon
  • I'm getting married in Costa Rica in less than a month, where are you getting married at?
  • Nov. Hilton Papagayo.

You?
  • super cute!  I love chocolate espresso beans!  But I have a dumb question, are you going to tell people they're for eating and not brewing?  I'd probably try to brew it and think I did something wrong.
  • Yay for CR brides !!! I am getting married in Santa Teresa (north side on Playa Hermosa) on the Nicoya Peninsula. The brand I love there is Britt. http://www.cafebritt.com/

I am using these as wedding favors for our AHR back in the states. I do not think I am doing favors in CR ...but we may do a late night snack for guests to take home.

For the OOT bags we are doing some fruits, coffee, milk, bread, juice, butter, wine, jam / peanut butter, surf board wax, a small moisturizer made a local lady from organic plants and some bug spray.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • And good point ! I will have to include that on the label "chocolate covered beans from Costa Rica". Or I could put a sign up that says what the favors are.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much for the link! I wasn't going to do anything for the AHR, dang. LOL.

Are you getting your OOT stuff locally? Or are you ordering online or from a gift bag place?

Thanks again!!!
    S
  • OMG, you are so brilliant! I think you just solved my OOT bag dilemia!
    http://www.cafebritt.com/octagonal-chocolate-gift
  • That is the cutest bag!! I've never had choc. espresso beans, but I don't think it'll be a problem. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yummy, yummy! I'd love to get this favor!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Cool, my wedding is April at a hotel called Zephyr Palace(my profile pic). It's on the central pacific side in Herrandura it overlooks the Gulf of Nicoya. I'm so excited to find some other CR brides!  When I tell people I get 1 of 2 reactions:
    1)if they've never been to CR they always seem confused or ask me why not Hawaii  or
    2) if they've been to CR/know a lot about it they tell me how AMAZING it is.

Are you all doing any fun tours/excursions while you are there? Four our bachelor/bachelorette day i'm going to the manuel antonio national park while FI goes ATVing, we are also going ziplining with our guests while we are there too.
  • I think they would go fine with the chocolate covered beans!
  • I love the bag but it looks burlap to me? If it is I would line it with cellophane to make sure no little bits came off on the chocolate (it may be warm). But if it's a different material ignore me! It's completely adorable though!
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • vsnoberg - that place looks stunning ! Have you been to CR ? I def fall under the #2 category ;) i love it there....may not come back !

We have things planned all week. Wednesday we are doing a day trip to Tortuga island for snorkeling and lunch, Thursday we are doing an ATV trip to the waterfalls in Montezuma (optional stop for ziplining in Mal Pais) followed by dinner/drinks, Friday morning the guys are going on a fishing trip, Friday night is the rehearsal, Saturday morning I am doing a private yoga session with my girls, Saturday night is the wedding, Sunday is the farewell brunch. Lots planned ! 

Happy madie - the bag is made out of muslin..but good point ! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That sounds so fun (trips planned or playing it by ear)! I don't do well with spontaneity so we had stuff planed out (also that way if everyone wanted to do one of the things with us we could make sure there was space for everyone). I have never been to Costa Rica but as a huge animal lover (my job is an animal keeper) I knew I would like it there ( over 5% of the worlds biodiversity but 0.03% of the earths surface). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards