Illinois-Chicago
Options

Help! - Rehearsal Dinner Locations....

I am a big fan of Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza and figured that I would have my rehearsal dinner there (delicious, casual and fairly inexpensive).  But I just called today and found out that all of the Chicago Lou Malnati's locations do not book private events on Fridays (which is the day of my rehearsal).  Does anyone have any good ideas of places that are fairly inexpensive, but fun, and that happen to be located downtown?  I have about 40-50 people attending my rehearsal dinner.  I am kind of freaking out that my rehearsal dinner idea that I was pretty much set on is not going to work out.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Help! - Rehearsal Dinner Locations....

• Options
    edited December 2011

If you're set on pizza, how about Pizano's or Pequod's?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Try ESPN Zone, Dave & Busters or Rock Bottom Grill for options.  I know at least Rock Bottom books private parties on Fridays. 

• Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Cafe Iberico (tapas) or any of the Lettuce Entertain You restaurants?  After my rehearsal dinner restaurant went out of business LEYE really helped me with finding a restaurant within my budget. 

They charged an event planning fee after it was all done but it was worth it (my per person cost was only about $18 which included one beer or glass of wine).  I ended up having my rehearsal dinner at Frankie's Scallopine at 900 N. Michigan Ave ($5 parking).
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you talk to the manager at each location? Are you set on a private event (separate room), or would a reservation for a large party work? The one at 8th/State in the city never seems too busy. Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Giordano's does private parties. Also if you do LEYE you get points which gets you free gift cards! Ours is at DOC Wine Bar in Lincoln Park.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had this issue with the pizza places a few weeks ago, I almost booked with Gino's East but hated the graffiti on the walls, so I finally found out that one of the ONLY Giordano's that has a PRIVATE dining room is the Greektown location. Try them. My MOH went and took all these pics for me and its got a really cool Chicago pizzeria feel and its really nice inside. AND not to mention, its going to be half the cost than had I gone somewhere else. I have 50 people too, it really is a great way to go!
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    pizanos in the loop is a great call.  i don't know if pequod's would allow this - but renting the upstairs out would be great.  especially with the parking lot near by.  the giordano's on belmont is nice too if you gave them a call. LEYE restaurants would probably be real helpful if you would call like the generic hot line and explained your situation

good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Piece in Wicker Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards