New Jersey - South

Wedding Venues Help? Brigalias,Scotland Run,Mansion,Running Deer, Villaris,Bogeys,Savoy Inn,Paris Ca

Does anyone have any recommendations on any of these? I really love Scotand Run and trying to work on them with pricing, because Brigalias offered  GREAT deal.   Any one have any pros/cons on any of the above venues? I havent been yet to Savoy,Paris,Venice,Vilaris or Running Deer, but also Mansion just emailed and they ahve new pricing and dropped their pricing per person 20 dollars.  Id appreciate any ones help and pros/cons/  Thanks!

Ashley

Re: Wedding Venues Help? Brigalias,Scotland Run,Mansion,Running Deer, Villaris,Bogeys,Savoy Inn,Paris Ca

• gina613gina613 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ashley - I attended my SIL's wedding at Scotland Run about 6 years ago, but it was beautiful inside and out... the ballroom was upstairs and the cocktail hour was out on the patio overlooking the golf course and it was just really pretty. There was another wedding going on at the same time, but you wouldn't have known, and the other wedding also had fireworks so it was an added bonus to the wedding I was at! I don't know the pricing, I think it was probably around $100 but the food was good.

Also, I got a quote from Mansion for their Silver package at $75pp inclusive... I'd be happy to forward the email to you if you want it... and if you don't mind me asking, which menus did they drop their prices on and about how much are they asking now? He gave me that price a couple months ago so maybe it's less now... I'm on a low budget so I'm getting desperate :-P

Hope this helps a little!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey thanks for advice. I just got an email yesterday from mansion they dropped prices on gold n.platinum, when I met they didn't even.mention a silver package but worth calling bc I know the gold went from 120 to 100 pp all inclusive . I can email you if interested but they never mentioned silver. Scotland run is a little but more hope this helps
  • PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at Villari's 5 years ago and they really can work wtih you on priicing.  Her package included cake and DJ as well
  • missab2689missab2689 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will tell you the 'drop in price' at the Masion is not a drop in price at all.  When I went to talk to them about pricing I had already been to Lucien's in Berlin and told them what they were offering me for thier packages.  They 'dropped" the price for the silver package to $90 for me to compete and offer not charge for valet and coast check(which if you read the new package info you have to pay $200-@300 for it), they also told me they would up the amount of course for the silver pacakge from 3 to 4, and offer the coffee bar at the end of the night at no charge, and let me have up to 12 choices for food during cocktail hour instead of 10.  I will tell you I felt very pressured there and it didn't really feel like somewhere I wanted to be.  I would be happy to let you know more if you like :) I would go check out Lucien's if you have not already the amount of food you get is unheard of, and I am having my wedding there in March and it will be $88pp including everything and it includes more food than I now what to so with!! I'll be happy to let you know more if you like.
    Mel
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Mel! I agree, my initial meeting with the Mansion, i felt rushed, especialy in comparison to other places, including LUciens.  I got a price of 120 pp including everything for a Saturday in August (discouted) at LUciens an dthats withouth the appetizer, sweet table .  if you dont mind me asking are you having on a different night, or how did you get to that number? Becaue that sounds great!!!
    Tahnks for you help!!!

Ashley
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I am having my March 2012 wedding at Brigalias.  The catering manager was not pushy at all when we went in to see the place.  She layed everything out and answered any questions we had.  We have heard from numerous people who went to different events at Brigalias that their food is excellent as well. 

Good luck in your search!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! Did you also hear abut any future renovations they are doing at Brigalias, she mentioned some things like Love park? and an english garden? but then i heard from stopping at the deli, a staircase in the one room, and new bridal suite??  at Brigalias?
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the Mansion and it was fantastic!! My pictures are amazing. People still tell my parents it was the best wedding they have ever been too. My planner was so helpful with every question I had. We have been to many weddings before and after and I will never look back and wished I had my reception anywhere else.... if you are having your ceremony there IMO it is the nicest place for that.
    As one post said about the "new" pricing... I am sure they are just trying to be the same lines with other places. We honestly paid a lot more then I see in the post, but we met with the chef and felt so good about his creativity and it was delicious....
    hope this is helpful, if anything. Good Luck!!
  • reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at RunningDeer last fall and it was great! Very classy, great atmsphere and the food was better than I thought it would be. Def worth a look.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • missab2689missab2689 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With Lucien's I am having everything on a Saturday night, in the Novelle room.  I know they consider March an off month and that is why the price is a bit better.  The best suggestion I can give is, when I was looking at locations, I made sure to bring all the notes on everywhere else I looked, and what pacakges they offer for what price.  This way I had proof of price quotes, which helped me get better offers. 
  • edited December 2011
    I find it interesting that 2wedin10 only posts on Mansion related stuff... hmmmm, vendor much?

Former knottie here!  I had my ceremony and reception at the Mansion last year and everything was great.  My only issues were that I didn't click with my coordinator, and my shoes went missing at the end of the night but I don't know if that was the Mansion's fault or my hotel, or what happened to be fair.  Everything went according to plan the day of, and my guests all had a great time and loved ALL of the food (there was  lot, everyone was stuffed, and we were sent home with some stuff at the end of the night).  My bridal attendant Rob was awesome as well.  Overall, if you like the look of the Mansion and the price is right, definitely consider having your wedding there.
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I should give a call into Brigalias becauase I didn't hear anything about a new bridal suite.  Honestly, the place looked perfect from top to bottom!  When I did my tour, the owner was there going over the back yard area with a landscapper.  They were about ready to do more renovations outside to the right of the "Art Museum".  It was just a large green lawn that ran up right into the trees.
  • Emily022Emily022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked with Scotland Run for next September.  They were able to work with us a little bit on the price.  We also looked at Brigalia's, Lucien's, and Running Deer.  Brigalia's was our second choice, but we liked their smaller room better because of the patio, but have too many on our guest list to book that room.  One of my friends got married at the Mansion last year and it was beautiful, the food was great too.

Lucien's did offer a ton of food for their price, but we were looking for something with an outside feel, which is why we ended up with Scotland Run.  It was the first place we saw and after we looked at about 7 other places we booked with them because we loved it.  My advice would be to find a place you love and then ask if they can come down at all with their pricing, it doesn't hurt to ask!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got married last October at Brigalia's and it was amazing!!! Two of our guests booked their wedding there based on the experience they had a t ours! Tina is awesome to work with and the place is magnificent!
  • edited December 2011
    I booked for brigalias for nov of 2012. I thought it was absolutely perfect....but Nov was a little later then i was hoping for, i was looking more for sept/oct but I took what i could get! Brigalia's is gorgeous and the people we met with were super friendly and easily reached. I loved the mansion too, which had sept and oct available but I didnt want to spend 120 per plate....I cant believe theyre saying theyll change the prices now! I wonder if theyre desperate for business?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_wedding-venues-brigaliasscotland-runmansionrunning-deer-villarisbogeyssavoy-innparis-caterersvenice-plaza?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:8aaeee29-7956-4362-bd1c-7cf790799f56Post:5fb4709c-80a0-4208-a3d5-29a54c144a1c">Re: Wedding Venues Help? Brigalias,Scotland Run,Mansion,Running Deer, Villaris,Bogeys,Savoy Inn,Paris Caterers,VEnice Plaza</a>:

[QUOTE]Also, I got a quote from Mansion for their Silver package at $75pp inclusive... I'd be happy to forward the email to you if you want it... and if you don't mind me asking, which menus did they drop their prices on and about how much are they asking now? He gave me that price a couple months ago so maybe it's less now... I'm on a low budget so I'm getting desperate :-P  Hope this helps a little!
    Posted by gina613[/QUOTE]

Seriously?! I'd love to receive that info. $75 inclusive is exactly what I'm looking for.
  • ckennedy11ckennedy11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How per person was Brigalias for sit down dinner
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards