Wedding Etiquette Forum

How dare you have a social life!!!

It's slow here tonight!! I just found this recipe
for Dr Pepper shredded pork, so I'm drooling and going to try to cook it tomorrow. My kids are running around the house with toilet paper rolls, and I'm jealous of how much fun they are having ha. Fi's at work till 930, and it finally got cool enough (72!) that I can turn the AC off. 
How was your day? 

Re: How dare you have a social life!!!

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Hi!

I chopped my hair off today.  It was shoulder length/slightly longer and I got it cut into a chin length bob.  I've never had it this short!  I don't even think it will go into a ponytail anymore!  I love it though.

I also treated myself to a pedicure.  We have a bbq to attend tomorrow and I'm hoping for sandal weather.  At some point I also need to get to the store so I can make deviled eggs and brownies to take to said bbq, but I've got all night for that.  H is working till 11 and I'm trying to decide when to make dinner.

ALSO, our dear friends got engaged today - yay!  We're not allowed to tell yet, though, since she still has family that they need to tell.  I'm waiting not-so-patiently - the picture on my phone is tiny and I want to see the big pics she promised to post on FB.  If she doesn't hurry up, I might just drive to her house and crash in on the party I'm sure they're having :-P
  • Yay for hair chops!!!  I need a trim, but I don't have a stylist that I *trust* here, so I just get the ends myself. At least if I F it up I didn't pay for it :)

I have only had a pedicure once in my life. I'm not a big fan of people near my feet. Blech. 

And YAY for new engagements!!! 
  • I'm here. We really should get out of the apartment and go for a walk but neither H nor I got much sleep last night. It's a nice 60 degrees and sunny here. Edmund was up from 11 to 3 this morning screaming. Nothing we did would make him calm down, colic sucks.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Ciara, try standing in front of the freezer for a bit, and also my dad used to have this way of holding the girls, that their belly was on his shoulder, the pressure seemed to help. We also used to give baths all.the.time, because the water or something helped get past the colic times. 
  • I need a hair cut I just haven't had the willpower to go and get it done. I also need to make an appointment with both my OB for my 6 week postpartum checkup and an appointment with the dentist for a cleaning and for them to look at my wisdom teeth.
  • Poor Edmund!   And poor Mommy and Daddy.  I'm sorry Ciara :-(

Ghoti, my feet are so ticklish so I have to tell them only to scrub the heels.  Otherwise I involuntarily yank my foot from their hands.
  • So I can't sleep anymore. I can finally fall asleep around 3-3:30 am, then I'm woken up from 6-8 ish. Anyone have any good sleep tips? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dare-social-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9899acde-6f45-4388-992f-0ca9790e30adPost:789421ca-9cd7-4826-9307-a63a59d80b40">Re: How dare you have a social life!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I can't sleep anymore. I can finally fall asleep around 3-3:30 am, then I'm woken up from 6-8 ish. Anyone have any good sleep tips? 
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">Melatonin.  I've always been a huge problem sleeper - as in, Mom and Dad had me checked out by multiple drs because of my incredibly late nights as a kid - and the melatonin has worked wonders.  I take 3 mg about 30-60 minutes before I want to be asleep, then do something really mellow, like read in bed or watch a movie.  About 30 minutes later I start to feel like there's no way I can keep my eyes open one minute longer and I stay asleep until it's time to get up.  I don't feel groggy or foggy in the mornings either.  It's the only way I can be asleep before midnight.</div></div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dare-social-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9899acde-6f45-4388-992f-0ca9790e30adPost:8137de72-0ce3-42af-b5dd-7dd532ed919c">Re: How dare you have a social life!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How dare you have a social life!!! : Melatonin.  I've always been a huge problem sleeper - as in, Mom and Dad had me checked out by multiple drs because of my incredibly late nights as a kid - and the melatonin has worked wonders.  I take 3 mg about 30-60 minutes before I want to be asleep, then do something really mellow, like read in bed or watch a movie.  About 30 minutes later I start to feel like there's no way I can keep my eyes open one minute longer and I stay asleep until it's time to get up.  I don't feel groggy or foggy in the mornings either.  It's the only way I can be asleep before midnight.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]
    Oooh nice! I didn't think anyone would actually know how to help my sleep-deprived self!!! Can you get that at a vit shop?
  • I've always been told to take melatonin but I've never tried it. Now I worry that I wouldn't wake up when Edmund would need something.
  • Ciara, the male half of our newly engaged friends from PP is the one who got me started on the melatonin.  He is a super light sleeper and will wake up when one of their boys so much as turns over in bed, and it's still the same with the melatonin.  The melatonin just lets him actually get to sleep, which is the problem that I have.  I don't blame you for not wanting to try it with E around though.

Ghoti, I think so.  I actually just stole some from my friend, who buys it online.  And I just realized that you need to buy 3 mg but cut them in half and only take half each night.  You can try the whole thing, but half is plenty, for me at least.
  • I'm normally a pretty heavy sleeper.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dare-social-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9899acde-6f45-4388-992f-0ca9790e30adPost:789421ca-9cd7-4826-9307-a63a59d80b40">Re: How dare you have a social life!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I can't sleep anymore. I can finally fall asleep around 3-3:30 am, then I'm woken up from 6-8 ish. Anyone have any good sleep tips? 
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]

I need some tips too

Up at 5:00AM again
  • Nope, no social life. 

I used to have trouble sleeping and I had a list of things that were supposed to help. Here is the stuff I remember:

1. Try to force yourself to stick to a schedule. i.e., even if you can't get to sleep until late, force yourself to get up at the scheduled time.

2. Don't do anything in your bed other than sleep/sex. No reading in bed.

3. Limit caffeine after 2pm.

4. Exercise daily.

5. Journal/talk to someone/write down your thoughts. 

Hmm . . there were 10 I think, but I can't remember any more. It's all somewhat common sense, but it did help.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2011
    A doctor at  Incosol, a spa in Marbella, Spain, gave me a ton of melatonin.  He said it was very calming.  I haven't tried it yet
  • cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    No social life here. H and I are attempting to map out our Europe trip for next year. And we just finished watching The Black Dahlia, which was a really weird movie. I don't think I liked it.
  • Ghoti, you should come to visit me.  The price of a mani & Pedi is $25 so I go when I want to.

And we could do brunch and go strolling up Madison Ave, looking at the shops and galleries!

wadayatink?
  • Ghoti, You can get Melatonin at a vitamin store or just in the vitamin section of your grocery store. 

I have sleep issues. Some kind of disorder that is unnamed. My Dr put me on Melatonin, it helped me fall asleep, but I was not any less tired during the day. But I continued to feel the same way even when I was on sleeping pills. 
  • so i'm watching the bachelorette from the other night.  I really think she could have found a more flattering dress.  
    Photobucket
  • I'm watching the Sounders play Real Salt Lake.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dare-social-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9899acde-6f45-4388-992f-0ca9790e30adPost:c0ace57d-6688-4c66-bcd1-95dbdc6a695f">Re: How dare you have a social life!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ghoti, you should come to visit me.  The price of a mani & Pedi is $25 so I go when I want to. And we could do brunch and go strolling up Madison Ave, looking at the shops and galleries! wadayatink?
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]
    We totally should!
  • I'm seeing the surgeon on Tuesday and I'll find out when I can ditch the crutches and party :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dare-social-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9899acde-6f45-4388-992f-0ca9790e30adPost:eee94e35-34d8-4e86-a00f-5ed9758a10b3">Re: How dare you have a social life!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm seeing the surgeon on Tuesday and I'll find out when I can ditch the crutches and party :)
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]
    *Likes this* :D
  • Is there a way to block a poster?  I am tired of the crazy.
  • There is a block  next to Report, I think I'm going to go do the same. 
  • Where's the crazy  Did I miss something importants?
  • Meh, nothing important really. Just really really juvenile. 
  • oot - amys.  Right now her crazy is in the "can I just invite people to the reception" post.  CN:  People got on her because she keeps giving wrong etiquette advice.  She said she'd love to just be invited to the reception, but when asked said she couldn't post why because opinions aren't allowed, that she can only post the acceptable etiquette.  Sir Julius called her a martyr, which is spot on.
  • Yeah really. I want to see some crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards