North Carolina-Outer Banks

Harris Teeter as a florist?

Hi sorry if this question has been discussed. We are getting married in the 4x4 area. I am try ing avoid some delievery costs and was thinking about getting my flowers pre ordered from them. Has anyone done this, would you recomend it?
yogi Bride

Re: Harris Teeter as a florist?

• In the past, a lot of brides have used Harris Teeter and Maggi there. In the beginning, it was great feedback, but I think Maggi got overwhelmed, and things started going downhill. Maybe look into ordering them online?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agree with ksj.  You can also order from other florists in the area too.  There is a Harris Teeter in Corolla I believe, and that is closer to the 4x4.  We bought our flowers and made the bouquets for the bridesmaids, as well as the bouts for the guys....we had Maggi do my bouquet and flowers for the mothers, but looking back, I wished I would've had a private floral shop that specializes in wedding bouquets do mine.  I liked it and all, I just didn't love it!

• Thanks ladies. I like the idea of ordering online. I'm not having bridesmaids. So I will only need decor flowers, corsage for FI, my bouquet and for our flower girls. I like the idea of ordering flowers on line. Any idea how that would work in the 4x4 area? I am going to look into buying cut flowers from a florist too, and sending a family member to pick them up. Any suggestions on flower vendors. Thanks
    yogi Bride
  • We are using Harris Teeter as well as ordering them online.  I got really nervous hearing everyone's bad reviews about Maggi from last year, so I was ready to completely nix the idea of using her.  However, she has sent me multiple emails "just checking in" and seeing if I need anything else, so that has made me feel a lot better.  I am having her do my bouquet as well as corsages for the moms and grandmothers.  Also, she will send your flowers to the Corolla Harris Teeter for you, which is obviously more convenient.

We are also ordering in bulk hydrangeas from Sam's Club.  Who are you renting your house through?  We are also in the 4x4 area and have rented our house through Twiddy.  I spoke to someone at the rental office in regards to the flowers, and they said that I absolutely can have the flowers shipped to their office, and someone will call me when they arrive.  So I basically will have them sent to me c/o Twiddy Realty.  Plus, if someone does go wrong with Maggi, at least I know that I have hydrangeas coming in and can also make a bouquet myself.
  • Thanks Ashley that's great advice. I'm using Twiddy too. Using their address is a great idea. Any reason why you didn't use the Harris teeter in corrolla? I'm assuming that the kill devil hills Harris tweeter has a bigger floral dept. I had no idea SAMs club did flowers. Thank you!
    yogi Bride
  • Maggi works at the KDH Harris Teeter, and she is the one who got (up until recently) great reviews, so I wanted to stick with her.

The reviews on Sam's Club's site are all great for their flowers.  My mom is doing a "test run" and ordering some for my bridal shower next month, so I can let you know how they arrive and look and everything if you want.
  • I don't recommend working with Maggi, but I do recommend fiftyflowers.com. 
    image June 22, 2012
  • We are thinking of using Maggi as well, but I got a quote from her recently, and my bouquet cost is a LITTLE more than I had wanted to spend. I will have to mull this over. I am thinking for my ladies using green hydrangeas (their dresses are eggplant) and then I wanted to do white hydrangeas with some purple orchids mixed in there. I had mentioned this to her recently, and she said something back about roses (which, are beautiful, but not what I want). Which kind of put me off..

Thanks for the heads up on Sam's Club though!! I also had no clue..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards