Texas-Austin
Options

Dance Lessons

Has anyone taken them for your big day or are you taking them? just curious and if you have were did you go? TIA
Are we there yet?? Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dance Lessons

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did - I used to take ballroom lessons at Dance International and Dancers Institute so I got a friend and fellow instructor to do a choreographed dance for us. He's great and my DH just loves him. We had a great time at the lessons and we wowed everyone with a surprise foxtrot for our first dance!

If you want more info send me an e-mail: trishfinfer at gmail dot com
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011

We took the Wedding Express Package from Go Dance on Anderson Lane. It was great, we had 6 private lessons (1/week which I thought was plenty) leading up to our wedding. I was really nervous about dancing together in front of all our friends and family and these lessons made me feel better about it. They picked the dance that they thought fit our song well and they even helped us edit the song because it was pretty long at 5 minutes. Our instructor was great and we had a lot of fun taking the lessons. If you look at their website they have several different wedding packages. http://www.godancestudio.com/wedding-dance-programs

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're meeting with Sabrina Barker-Truscott next week to start lessons. She thinks we'll be good to go with 3 lessons.  My FI & I aren't concerned with doing anything fancy, we just don't want to look like we're at a middle school dance swaying back and forth. The best part for us is that she uses a dance studio in Oak Hill, so it isn't far from our house.  I had trouble finding a place that wasn't in north Austin. http://austinweddingdance.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies!
    Are we there yet?? Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I actually had a couple's shower at Austin Dance Institute and we had dance lessons for everyone that came.  We had a great time and the instructors were awesome!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards