Not Engaged Yet

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• I confess that I go back through my wedding pictures and really wish I'd chosen a different dress...and that I'd stuck with my diet.

I confess that I've been really exhausted/stressed lately and I've neglected my blog and I'm super mad at myself for it...and I STILL can't find the energy to do it.
  • I confess that I've spent the last year of my relationship waiting for the other shoe to drop, and I'm finally letting go of that.  As fantastic as it's been up to this point, it's only gotten better every day.  And sometimes, I feel like I don't deserve to be nearly as happy as I am.

I confess that as frustrated as I am with work and trying to balance and tap dance and organize and get started, I really love my job.

I confess that I can't help but think that if my life is finally starting to come together at 23, I can't wait to see what the next two years will bring.

I confess that I also have a little bit of baby fever, and I'm hoping you hoars will all get KTFU so I can live vicariously.

I also confess that M and I discussed financials of getting engaged after a friend of his broke up with his girlfriend after taking out a loan for a ring, and M said that if I wanted him to buy it without a loan, it was going to take longer, and I am completely 100% fine with that.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:ca89bb8c-9a19-49ed-92ee-8c1033dbbd5c">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I confess that I go back through my wedding pictures and really wish I'd chosen a different dress..</strong>.and that I'd stuck with my diet. I confess that I've been really exhausted/stressed lately and I've neglected my blog and I'm super mad at myself for it...and I STILL can't find the energy to do it.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

I can relate, even though I love your dress and think you looked beautiful in it.

I confess that sometimes I care way too much about what others think of me.

I confess that I have no intenion of putting on a bra at any point today.

I confess that I kind of don't want to go to my 10-year high school reunion this year because I'm kind of ashamed of how little I've accomplished in my life so far.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:fe66a5d4-5ddb-4a67-886d-a28a82e42fd7">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also confess that M and I discussed financials of getting engaged after a friend of his broke up with his girlfriend after taking out a loan for a ring, and M said that if I wanted him to buy it without a loan, it was going to take longer, and I am completely 100% fine with that.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>BF and I have also had a few serious discussions that were promted by others doing things that we would NOT want to do. We're friends with another couple who started dating just a few months after BF and I did, and the girl told me that she told her BF "You'd better not buy me a cheap ring." and told me that she expected he would need to take out a loan for the kind of ring she wanted/expected. I just don't understand these people.</div><div>
    </div><div>My confession (which I think I talked about before): I humored her and went to look at rings with her one day at Tiffanys. However, I had a massive case of the hiccups the whole time we were there. I think my embarrassment was payment enough.</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:66671b55-477e-4bcd-a45f-7ec0ff6d79f0">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I can relate, even though I love your dress and think you looked beautiful in it. I confess that sometimes I care way too much about what others think of me. I confess that I have no intenion of putting on a bra at any point today.<strong> I confess that I kind of don't want to go to my 10-year high school reunion this year because I'm kind of ashamed of how little I've accomplished in my life so far.</strong>
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I confess that I feel this way about my 10-year COLLEGE reunion, which is happening this year. A lot of people in my class who graduated with the same degree I have are really super successful (ex. one guy works for a PR firm in the City and represents Under Armour and Drew Brees) and I'm about to get fired. It sucks.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:66671b55-477e-4bcd-a45f-7ec0ff6d79f0">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I can relate, even though I love your dress and think you looked beautiful in it. I confess that sometimes I care way too much about what others think of me. I confess that I have no intenion of putting on a bra at any point today. I confess that I kind of don't want to go to my 10-year high school reunion this year because I'm kind of ashamed of how little I've accomplished in my life so far.
    I think you're pretty awesome :) Braless days are the best. <div>
    </div><div>I confess that I'm terrified of starting my professional life essentially 6-10 years after my peers. I keep telling myself that this Ph.D. will be worth it, but it feels a lot like telling myself muffins are a healthy breakfast at this point.</div>
  • I never went to my ten year high school or college reunion. I didn't care enough to know what other were up to and if I did we stayed friends and kept in touch.  I didn't care for people I hadn't seen in ten years to judge my life, or make me feel inferior because of what I haven't done with my life yet. 

Anniversary

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:c7e27a49-ae45-4bf6-b919-79949deaee3e">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never went to my ten year high school or college reunion. I didn't care enough to know what other were up to and if I did we stayed friends and kept in touch.  I didn't care for people I hadn't seen in ten years to judge my life, or make me feel inferior because of what I haven't done with my life yet. 
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I didn't originally plan on going, because I felt like there weren't many people I really cared to see, but now there's an event group on facebook and I'm finding myself scrolling through the invitees and thinking "oh yeah, I forgot about that person... wouldn't mind seeing her again" and so on.  So I might go.  Plus, I totally want to parade my cute husband around like a poodle in a dog show.

Also, I'm not so much worried about being made to feel inferior as much as (and this is going to make me sound like a terrible person, so go ahead and judge me appropriately, but this IS a confessions thread) losing the sense of superiority that I had in high school.  I was on the top of my game then.  High School Heisman winner, only National Merit scholar in my graduating class, all-city soccer player, highest standardized test scores...  and now I'm nobody.  I peaked too soon.

Jeebus, I'm a biiiiitch.
  • Bri, I'm with ya. My 10-year college reunion is this summer. All I can think of is, "Thank God, I got married. If not, I'd really have NOTHING to update people on." And that's awful to say. (I'm not in my major/field).

Shoes, totally feel you. I have a love-hate relationship with my weding dress. It's been almost 4 months, and I think about our wedding pics just about every day. Sigh.

I confess I've been a b-tch lately. Well, thinking like one, at least. SIL is pregnant with her second (due in May), and she's 3 years younger than me. While I DO NOT want kids for at least another 2 or 3 years, I'm still jealous and compare her life (stay-at-home mom) to mine (at a dead-end job working 6 days a week with no money to show for it). And worse yet, I try and focus on our "independence" and plan trips with H and secretly hope she's jealous. (Worst person of the year, right here)
  • And we can't help it if Kesha's jams are so catchy! (Boys trying to touch my junk/junk.)

Come on! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:94465a78-0261-49ba-8710-88103fce17b7">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I didn't originally plan on going, because I felt like there weren't many people I really cared to see, but now there's an event group on facebook and I'm finding myself scrolling through the invitees and thinking "oh yeah, I forgot about that person... wouldn't mind seeing her again" and so on.  So I might go.  Plus, I totally want to parade my cute husband around like a poodle in a dog show. Also, I'm not so much worried about being made to feel inferior as much as (and this is going to make me sound like a terrible person, so go ahead and judge me appropriately, but this IS a confessions thread) losing the sense of superiority that I had in high school.  I was on the top of my game then.  High School Heisman winner, only National Merit scholar in my graduating class, all-city soccer player, highest standardized test scores...  and now I'm nobody.  I peaked too soon. Jeebus, I'm a biiiiitch.
    You are not a looser at all Elle.  The best is yet to come!

Anniversary

• I confess I'm having SERIOUS dress regret. My boobs are way too big for the top, the skirt is way too big and Idk if I can ever get it to lay the way I want it, and it pisses me off when everyone around me oohs and ahhs over it when I know how awful my top half looks. Like a sausage shoved in a too-small casing.

I confess that I've only read 1.5 books out of the 8 for my class that starts Saturday. But that's more than I read last year and I feel like I'm going to be on top of it after all.

I confess all this rain has me wanting to do nothing and this is my last day in the office until Jan 22, so I have to get stuff done. Like, HAVE to get stuff done.

I confess that my ceiling is leaking in my apartment and I really want FI to deal with it so I don't have to. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:95d05110-4390-4eff-8468-549ed43c991b">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I'm having SERIOUS dress regret. My boobs are way too big for the top, the skirt is way too big and Idk if I can ever get it to lay the way I want it, and it pisses me off when everyone around me oohs and ahhs over it when I know how awful my top half looks. Like a sausage shoved in a too-small casing.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Are there any alterations you could make to the top so that you feel more comfortable in it?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:412f14ad-71c9-4d1f-8e2d-6d99ccedcb96">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Are there any alterations you could make to the top so that you feel more comfortable in it?
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

<div>I have no idea. I'm going to go cry on my mom's shoulder tomorrow night and see if she can do anything. She's a miracle worker. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:91aff199-994c-4a78-b36f-beb2a6369594">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bri, I'm with ya. My 10-year college reunion is this summer.<strong> All I can think of is, "Thank God, I got married. If not, I'd really have NOTHING to update people on." </strong>And that's awful to say. (I'm not in my major/field). Shoes, totally feel you. I have a love-hate relationship with my weding dress. It's been almost 4 months, and I think about our wedding pics just about every day. Sigh. I confess I've been a b-tch lately. Well, thinking like one, at least. SIL is pregnant with her second (due in May), and she's 3 years younger than me. While I DO NOT want kids for at least another 2 or 3 years, I'm still jealous and compare her life (stay-at-home mom) to mine (at a dead-end job working 6 days a week with no money to show for it). And worse yet, I try and focus on our "independence" and plan trips with H and secretly hope she's jealous. (Worst person of the year, right here)
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

Well, THIS made me feel better. (Sarcasm font.)

I'm a failure at my job AND life progress. (Yes, I have a boyfriend, but a very new one, aka, I'm not getting married ANYTIME soon.)

Blah.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:2ed7e5f9-329a-45a0-b13d-fc4310953e1c">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Well, THIS made me feel better. (Sarcasm font.) I'm a failure at my job AND life progress. (Yes, I have a boyfriend, but a very new one, aka, I'm not getting married ANYTIME soon.) Blah.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

Well, you're certainly not alone in this. Think I'd scare S away if I happened to be like, "Hey, wanna marry me someday? Yes? Okay, now we can just go back to dating for a while." :) Sometimes, I think a small peek into my future would be helpful just to see that SOMEONE would actually like to marry me before I'm 80.
  • I think you're amazing and beautiful inside and out.

• Oh and Bri - sometimes I remind myself how awful life would be if I had just settled and married M. I would be miserable. Puts things in perspective a bit!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:2ed7e5f9-329a-45a0-b13d-fc4310953e1c">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Well, THIS made me feel better. (Sarcasm font.) <strong>I'm a failure at my job AND life progress.</strong> (Yes, I have a boyfriend, but a very new one, aka, I'm not getting married ANYTIME soon.) Blah.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

But do you smell good? I love good smells.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re:Confessions:In Response to Re: Confessions:In Response to Re: Confessions : Are there any alterations you could make to the top so that you feel more comfortable in it?Posted by bethsmilesI have no idea. I'm going to go cry on my mom's shoulder tomorrow night and see if she can do anything. She's a miracle worker.nbsp; Posted by audrewuh : hugs I'm hope she can do something that will make you happy! You're a gorgeous girl though so I can't imagine you'd look anything less than perfect on your wedding day 3 ETA: sorry about the grammar I'm posting from my phone

• Of course I am late but WTH I want to confess.

I confess I am super confused if I should continue being friends with one of my friends.  I am torn between feeling used and that she doesn't care and a desire to help her (she is having a hard time right now).  

In relationship to that I am feeling really lonely and wish I had a good friend here at the school.  I am having a really hard time not just throwing myself on people and being like, "BE MY FRIEND PLEASE!!!!!"  I know good friendships take time and effort but I still want one now.  

I confess I feel like a loser for taking a writing class but I am battling to make sure my pride doesn't win out and make me drop the class.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I confess that I have not been making much effort to be healthier and the holiday excuses are behind me, so all I am left with is unadulterated gluttony.  

I confess that I was relieved when A decided to quit Girl Scouts.  Even though she rocked cookie sales last year, it was hard work for both of us and I am over it.  

I confess that I am over the moon that she chose swimming, an old passion of mine and I hope she finds it as rewarding as I did when I was her age.

I confess that I have missed you ladies, but that it is too dead on here by the time I can check in, so I don't bother posting at all.

I confess that I am a little nervous about having invited a co-worker to my birthday party this weekend.  We have hung out outside of work a few times, but she hasn't seen me cut loose, and there will be many martinis at this party...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:3d1729ba-30fc-44da-aefd-3be9f702730d">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I should be the happiest I've ever been - we've been married for 6 months and it's great, I just finished my masters, and I got a great full time job - and I'm not. My life is by all measures awesome, absolutely everything has fallen into place, and all I want to do is cry. All the time.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

I can't highlight on my phone.... But your last sentence.... All of it.

I confess I feel like a terrible FI because I don't feel like I have the ability to take care of FI the way he needs me too.

I confess that I feel like at 26, my life is so far fvcked up- I have no shot of being a real adult
  • Buggle and Irish  Big hugs! Buggle I am sure things will look up.  That is a lot of change to happen in a short amount of time.  I would be overwhelmed.  <3 Irish- I don't think you’re a lost cause!  And I don't think your life is fucked up.  You own a house, a dog and have a job!  You are awesome and I know you take great care of your FI. <3

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:2a122032-cf36-49a7-a2a1-a5472163d3a0">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buggle and Irish  Big hugs! Buggle I am sure things will look up.  That is a lot of change to happen in a short amount of time.  I would be overwhelmed.  <3 Irish- I don't think you’re a lost cause!  And I don't think your life is fucked up.  You own a house, a dog and have a job!  You are awesome and I know you take great care of your FI. <3
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Actually, we rent. I know my life isn't effed up, logically, but that's how I'm feeling.

Buggle, I've got 11.5 bottles of wine sitting here. Come share?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:93b79246-22de-48e4-88ce-4e193fb89b79">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Of course I am late but WTH I want to confess.   I confess I am super confused if I should continue being friends with one of my friends.  I am torn between feeling used and that she doesn't care and a desire to help her (she is having a hard time right now).   In relationship to that I am feeling really lonely and wish I had a good friend here at the school.  I am having a really hard time not just throwing myself on people and being like, "BE MY FRIEND PLEASE!!!!!"  I know good friendships take time and effort but I still want one now.   I confess I feel like a loser for taking a writing class but I am battling to make sure my pride doesn't win out and make me drop the class.  

I could've written all of this for myself. Hanging out with my best friend at home was really disappointing this year. I feel like we've grown apart and don't have much in common anymore.

I also really wish I had some good girlfriends in Colorado.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:57eb17c5-9f41-4ae3-bf5c-1c15e25787fd">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]<3 you, Ray. Heck yeah Irish, I'm in.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

Anytime, darlin
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:52da9d3e-05b5-493f-9765-6f788c73b696">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I could've written all of this for myself. Hanging out with my best friend at home was really disappointing this year. I feel like we've grown apart and don't have much in common anymore. I also really wish I had some good girlfriends in Colorado.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]
    Hugs!  We need to form a girls looking for good friends club! lol <div>
    </div><div>Irish- Oh sorry.  Well either way you are awesome even if it doesn't feel that way. </div>

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:b37ce5a7-2b78-41b4-b127-c07ec1b01d4a">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Hugs!  We need to form a girls looking for good friends club! lol  Irish- Oh sorry.  Well either way you are awesome even if it doesn't feel that way. 

You are one of the sweetest people, ever, and I love you. Hard.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:507e5864-2ad5-4d9f-819b-9201d1f60237">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : You are one of the sweetest people, ever, and I love you. Hard.
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Ray - I ditto this! I'm super sad you don't live closer!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards