New Mexico
Options

Suggestions for Barn Venue?

Hi All,

Planning a small less than 50ppl wedding for next June and wondering if anyone has suggestions for a barn reception? Can't seem to dig up many options. We live in Tijeras in the East Mountains outside Albuquerque.
Any help is appreciated!

Re: Suggestions for Barn Venue?

• Options
    I am looking for the same thing and so far not much luck. Wildlife West does have a barn they do for weddings which looks really neat and inexpensive! Good luck!
  • Options
    I am looking for the same thing! If I find anything Ill let yall know.

• Options
    OH! Totally awesome undiscovered venue is Apple Valley in Tijeras. It's off of south 14. You can get married outside in the orchard, on the bridge, or in a barn. It is beautiful and the owners are so friendly. They even offer a catering deal. I'll try and find you a phone number for them.
  • Options
    I'm a wedding photographer and a bride in the Albuquerque area, and I was recently invited to an open house at Old Town Farm. They have some awesome plans to renovate their current horse barn into a very rustic/authentic barn for weddings. I'm not sure they have a date set yet for when it will be available, but I know they do weddings in other locations on the farm currently. Might be worth checking out- it was beautiful!
  • Options
    These are great suggestions, thanks so much! We're 3 1/2 months out and still haven't settled on a final location. I appreciate your input!
  • Options
    So here's the update:

Wildlife West: great barn, and we booked the venue, but now we are having problems setting up liquor service. They have 1 beer vendor and 1 wine vendor but they won't let you have both there, and the wine vendor has now said that our event is too small to service (50 ppl) and they refuse to allow more than 2 drinks per adult guest (for a 6 hour event!!!) It is looking like this venue will not work for us after all.

Apple Valley Ranch: I found it to be very scenic and rustic, but my other half did not care for it. He felt it was a little too run down. Other cons, they will only do an event from 9-5 and you must use his food service.

Old Town Farm: when I looked at this online I thought it was "the One" - but, currently they are undergoing renovations and don't expect to be completed by June 1st. Also, to rent the entire venue is $5,000. To rent any one outdoor area, or the barn, is $3,000. That is more than what we expect to pay for the entire reception.

Is there anyone out there who has other ideas or suggestions? We love outdoor venues too, anything that connects with nature. I went to ABQ Garden Center, but they were booked. Have considered a park rental, but not sure how feasible this will be since we're planning an evening event, and we also have a friend's live band playing. Most of these areas don't seem to have electricity, and I suspect there are noise restrictions for any park.

Would be very grateful for some *help*... I feel as if I've looked into every low-priced venue in Albuquerque and now I'm at a dead end. Wedding is in just over 3 months!

Many thankis...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards