Ohio-Cleveland

Elyria Venues?????

Hi, my fiancee and I are getting married 05/2011 and are looking for a venue in Elyria or the surrounding area.

He would like to have the ceremony/reception at Spring Valley Golf Club. Has anyone had/been to a wedding there? I've emailed them and haven't heard anything back.

Open to just about anything, but trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

Thanks

Re: Elyria Venues?????

• opiesgirl617opiesgirl617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Country Club on Oberlin Road is a bit nicer. I think it is the Lorain CC. Check them out too.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried DeLuca's or Waggoners? I heard those were good, not sure though.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not too far from Elyria, check out Ruby's Hall, located in Grafton. You can either use their caterer or bring your own, and you BYOB which can save a lot of money. www.rubyshall.com

Others to consider include: Fountain Bleau in Avon Lake (another BYOB place) and Gargus Banquet center in Lorain. Also, the Avon Knights of Columbus hall is BYOB and BYOCaterer, as is the Avon Lake VFW hall. The Irish American Heritage Hall in Avon is good for large guest lists (like up to 500) if you need someplace that big. It's BYOB.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married in Elyria (St. Mary's Catholic Church) but decided to have my reception at Lyman Harbor on Sandusky Bay, its sorta far but I fell in love with the place!!!  Places closer that I considered were Deluca's and Vermillion-on-the-Lake. I loved Vermillion-on-the-Lake as well, its just a hall right on the lake run by Lorain County Historical Society.  It has a full hall, kitchen, bar, and full windows and fire place facing the lake.  You'd obviously have to get your own catering but its a lovely hall if you want to go a little further!  Its also very inexpensive and you can get it cheap for Friday and Saturday so you can decorate/have rehearsal dinner there as well!
  • coreyh28coreyh28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Lorain at Lakeview beach in May.  The rose cafe is run by Deluca's so you don't have choice of caterers but you do have great scenery with the park, the rose garden, and the beach right there.  Also, it is just the one building so yous is the only party.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Ruby's & I love it. The owner is a little all over the place but he is easy to work & willing to work with you.
    ~Dating:6/21/05 ~ Engaged:9/25/09 ~ Married:7/9/11~
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

Anniversary
  • khowa01khowa01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elyria Country Club (near the Lorain County Airport) is affordable, organized and beautiful.  I tried calling Spring Valley as well and never got an answer.  I also went to Delucas but the lady forgot I was coming and the rooms were out of date.  ECC lets you use their outside area for the ceremony for no additional charge. It is already beautiful inside and out so you do not thave to spend as much time and money on making it look good.  Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards