Gay Weddings

Community Vow of Support

I'm starting to put together some ideas for our ceremony and realized that I really am feeling it is important to ask for a vow of support from our guests. 

We're having a casual picnic style wedding with an outdoor ceremony.  Everything I have found thus far in my search for the right wording has been far too formal.  I'd also like to fimd something that encorporates that as a queer couple, our community *is* our family and the foundation of our support system.

We're also planning on asking our guests to sign a Quaker style wedding certificate as witnesses and supporters of our marriage.  So, I'd like to try to work that into the wording somehow as well.

If any of you are great with words, I'd love some ideas!
Aug 2013 August Siggy Challenge: Shoe Inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
White Knot

Re: Community Vow of Support

• Ours were pretty simple.  At one point in the ceremony, we had the following exchange:

Rabbi: Will you, the families and friends of 2dBride and NotFroofy, support and uphold them in their marriage now and in the years to come?

Congregation: We will.

We also had everyone sign the ketubah (formal Jewish wedding contract) as witnesses.
  • This was from my ceremony on 8/11/12:

Minister: (to the congregation) Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?  If so, please say we will.

People: We will.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards