Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

bikni wax question

I've never had a binkini wax and am just looking to clean up the bikini area, nothing else. What should I do beforehand and what can I expect. I am actually kind of uncomfortable about this but one of my talents is cutting myself with a razor, or I can't get a close shave with either a regular razor or an electric one. Any suggestions on either of those?

Re: bikni wax question

• I started getting bikini waxes this year and love them. Your first one is going to hurt!!! Take some Tylenol before to help with the pain and don't do it the week before or after your period. Mine last for at least three weeks. Before the wedding I got two of them two weeks apart so everything was nice and smooth throughout the honeymoon :)

Don't be scared by the first one, they do get better! GL HTH
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Find a salon with the "hard" "hot" or "blue"  wax.  The brand name is Lycon.  It hardens and does not use strips, it sticks to the hair and not the skin so it hurts a lot less.  

You can also get spray to numb the area before you go.  
  • I second the "blue" wax!  Also you need to grow it out to about 1/4 inch at least, but you don't want it to be too long, either.

I've only had one bikini wax in my life... and I took some ibuprofen and some rum beforehand, and that seemed to calm me down a bit!!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Exfoliate the area with a loofah or shower puff before the wax and take some ibuprofen or advil. The ibuprofen will help with the pain and minor swelling that may occur your first time. I have clients who love the hard wax, which can sometimes come in a blue color depending what brand, and some that ask that I only use soft wax (wax that uses strips to come off). Find a salon that uses both soft and hard wax and trust your esthetician to use each in different areas. I use hard wax in some areas of a bikini/brazilian wax and soft wax for others. You will find that each esthetician has their own preference.
    As far as after care, you can take ibuprofen and put aloe on it to cool the area. Avoid taking a hot shower or bath the first day after your wax. I always say treat it like a sunburn. It may be painful the first time, but it honestly isn't too bad, and gets better each time.
    Good Luck, you'll love the results!
  • Honestly, I was pretty freaked out myself, but the lady I went to totally knew what she was doing and it did not hurt.  It felt *uncomfortable* physically, but no pain really.  She was very quick and efficient.  It should be at least 1/4 inch, and a little longer than that (nothing crazy) is better and will be less painful.  I know from experience.  Don't worry about it.  My advice is keep distracted and keep the estician (spelled wrong) talking to you!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards