California-Central

Redwood Forest Wedding

My fiance and I want to get married in Central CA in the Redwood Forest. Does anyone know of a good campsite or location/venue that is inexpensive? I am drawn to Big Sur, but we have a small budget and want to help some of our guests with travel and accommodation costs. We are hoping for low key BBQ and a simple ceremony.  Any location/venue suggestions?

Re: Redwood Forest Wedding

• edited December 2011
    OMG... I am pictureing a really good location/campbround out there.. I forgot the name of it, but when I remember it I'll post it here! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We did a wedding not to long ago in Big Sur at an AMAZING place called "Glen Oaks".. from what I heard it was very reasonable. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! If you want to see what it looked like you can watch a video clip on our website at HERE
    .. it's the second one down entitled "Molly & Scott - Glen Oaks - Big Sur, CA. 

i don't know if that link will work.. if not try : http://www.hdmweb.com/gallery/wedding.html 
    Hopefully it will be helpful in getting an idea of what the place is like.

Good Luck!
    Amber

• edited December 2011
    p.s. I forgot to mention.. another nice thing about Glen Oaks is they have a lot of nice cabins for your guests to stay in that are really reasonable. There is also another hotel across the street that is cheap as well.... we stayed at one of the rooms in Glen Oaks and it was nice!

• edited December 2011
    Does anyone know a place in Humboldt County to get married in the Forest?
  • edited December 2011
    @billisfily we are getting married up in Humboldt County and we too are looking for good outdoor foresty spots to have our cermony. 
    Currently we're thinking possibly sequoia park there are some pics I took here: willyoubemybride.blogspot.com/2011/01/kissing-in-sequoias.html
    also we were thinking Pamplin Grove in Van Duzen State Park.Fern Canyon (up in Prairie Creek SP) is also a great place but it would probably have to be a smaller wedding, and you can't have any amplified noise or throw flowers up there, but it's gorgeous. Also I would look into Patricks Point SP
    are you from around here?? :)
    ~Planning, Dreaming, Wishing and Creating, this Day is just One of a Lifetime of Adventures~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards