Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Lisa George?

Worth the expense for hair and makeeup?  She charges alot!

Re: Lisa George?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also be careful with her - there are at least two separate posts on this site from brides who were effectively screwed by Lisa George's tendency to double book (they were both scrambling weeks before their weddings). Another bride was lamenting being charged full price after Lisa told her she was double booked and only her assistants would be showing up. My impression from the responses to that post is that her assistants are as good as she is touted to be, but makes me question whether you can't get similar quality services for cheaper.

I am going with Salon Justine, who also gets rave reviews on this site, for hair and Elizabeth Nightingale for make-up. There is someone named Judy Philips whom people also rave about for make-up, but is harder to contact since she left her main salon. Her info is in a couple of postings, if you want to search for it.

hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that you should look around. See my post about hair and makeup, there are some great recommendations, with reasonable prices. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loved her and worth every penny!  i did not have any of the experiences that people were describing.  I found her professional, honest and ultimately on my wedding day my hair exceeded all expectations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I used her for my wedding then my sister did and then my MOH. She was great everytime I have never heard anyone else who I became friends with on this board, who used her had ANY problems at all!  ANd now we have another family member who hired Lisa.
    She is also alot cheaper than some of the places on the Cape. You have to look at all the small print for add ons with some places. Then they charge for travel, tax, and then add the tips on whether you get good services or not.
    I also think you need to see ms lewis's previous posts to see the truth as to why she puts her down.
    nuf said

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i believe my post sums up my thoughts, bimmy. if you wanted me to add that i found Lisa George very unprofessional in my dealings with her, I will.  Please also do not assume that i am a "ms lewis" unless you know me personally - tag names will suffice.
    thanks
  • Options
    carolyns4882carolyns4882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I guess everyone has their own opinions and or experiences with vendors. So far, my dealings with Lisa George have been wonderful. In fact, I just emailed her this morning coordinating dates for a trial with her in May.  I am using her for my June wedding. She has always been VERY professional, helpful and has responded to me very quickly. Hope this helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    carolyns4882:Thank you for your diplomacy. Best of luck with all aspects of your wedding!
  • Options
    carolyns4882carolyns4882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You also! It really is true though, I delt with a florist who in my opinion was rude and unprofessional while others felt she was amazing. It all depends on your own experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards