California-Orange County
Options

Backyard Wedding

Hi! I'm interesting in a backyard style wedding & reception because I think I'll have more control over the details (catering, music, style)...

But if I don't have a friend or family member with an appropriate backyard how would I go about finding one to rent and what kind of price range do they go for?

Our budget is very tight.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Backyard Wedding

• Options
    Misspriss6346Misspriss6346 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Go to Vacationrentals.com or rentalo.com

Look for a private vacation home, that is what we are doing. Out here in Palm Springs you can find luxury homes for as low at $240 a night. Some places require a two or three night minimum and cleaning fee. For example I am interested in the old Playboy Bunny retreat in PS because it has a beautiful court yard, it is about $280 a night. E-mail and I can give you more places to look and more tips.
    Happy hunting! I am!
    misspriss6346@aol.com

Soon-2-be Mrs. Moon
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing a backyard wedding. And we are also looking at renting a house for the week. We are looking at houses in Santa Barbara and Palm Springs. BTW, I saw that Playboy Bunny Estate and its gorgeous! ;) In Santa Barbara we were looking at 8,000-10,000 and in Palm Springs it's way cheaper at about 3,500-5,500 for the entire week. A lot of places will try and charge you an event fee which does not seem worth it. It doesn't usually include anything. Good Luck and let me know if you have more questions.
  • Options
    OMAR1DEBOMAR1DEB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when i was looking around for that.... i called this one house (that apparently is really nice) i think it  was in tustin, and they charged 40,000 for the weekend.... thats crazy! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards