Registry and Gift Forum

Gift Registry & Gift Cards?

My fiance and I are reistering at Bed Bath and Beyond but we living in an old house that needs a lot of updating. We would like to get a lot of stuff from our local Menards and we would like to get gift cards to Menards. Is there any way that we could include this along with our gift registry? If so how could we word it on our invites that we registered at BB&Beyond and we would also love gift cards to Menards? I need ideas? Is this a bad idea?

Thanks,

Re: Gift Registry & Gift Cards?

• You could do a registry at Menards for things you would like for your house.

Do not include any info in your wedding invites about your registry information.

"You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper

• Ditto PPs about no registry info on your invitations (wedding invites = no, shower invites = ok, that is, but I think you are talking about wedding invites). 

I don't think you need to particularly ask for gift cards to Menard's.  If there are things in particular that you want and you can register there (I'm not familiar with the store), then register, and if not, just use some of your cash gifts to buy what you need from Menard's.  Many people will prefer just to give cash anyway, and if you only have a limited BBB registry, people will probably understand that cash would be most appreciated. 
  • You can register at Menards.  I had friends that did that a few years ago.  No one got them the lumber they registered for, but they did get gift cards!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Yes, just register there. If for whatever reason you don't want to register there, spread it via word of mouth when people ask that you would love gift cards from there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • ditto PP. Register at Menards, and make sure your BMs and Family know to spread that around..
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • We are in almost the same scenario- the bulk of our "house" needs are fixing up stuff!  So we did a wish registry for a ton of stuff like that- even drywall!  We are using www.uponourstar.com- so far, no complaints!
  • Register at Menards.   It's a sign that gift cards from there would be welcome.  In fact, a registry at any store should be a sign that you would appreciate gift cards from there :-)
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards