Chit Chat

Bridal Party Gifts

Hey Ladies,

I am looking for some ideas...I have been racking my brain for ideas on what I can buy as a thank you gift for my Bridesmaids.  I would like something that they can have as a keepsake.  As well if anyone has any great ideas for my Finance's Groomsmen as well?

Thank you soo much! :)

Re: Bridal Party Gifts

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bridal-party-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c833afd4-34c6-462a-9c00-6c8aa929656ePost:c82d8853-6311-44f6-bba1-f711a9191319">Re: Bridal Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shop like it is their birthday.  Choose something individually for each person that speaks to their personality and how much you love them.  For example, my MOH got tickets to see her favorite band.   Generic "bridesmaid" stuff just ends up in the garbage.  
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]
    I'm really leaning towards this route.  I had this amazing idea to get these wraps that are made in Cambodia because I knew that 3 of my BMs would love them.  And then I thought about my 18 year old sister and professional poker player BM.  I think I'm scrapping the group idea concept.  I really like the idea of a pic of us having fun at the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can tell you what NOT to get-anything with the word bridesmaid on them. There are some typical bridesmaids gift that are potentially cute and useful and are utterly ruined when they put the word bridesmaid on them
  • Can we talk about how craptastic the stuff they sell on theknot is?  Seriously.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to a Coach outlet store and got each one of my girls a clutch that I thought fit there style.  I ended up spending about $30 per BM, which I thought was pretty reasonable.  I really wanted to get them something they would enjoy.  I have been in weddings where I received stuff that I will probably never use, and I wanted my girls to feel like they got something they will be able to have for awhile.
  • I got each of my girls a patterned tote (that I felt fit their style) and had their intials embroidered on them. I went with a tote bag b/c I'm getting married out of town and wanted to get them something I knew they would be able to use to carry their things down there. I also got them an initial necklace with a crystal the same color as the month that I'm getting married in to represent their part in my wedding. It's simple and understated so it can easily be something they can wear again. I got both items on etsy and I spent about $30 for each girl.
    August 2010 Final Siggy Challenge-Favorite pic of FI & I
    PhotobucketDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bridal-party-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c833afd4-34c6-462a-9c00-6c8aa929656ePost:1a7038d3-509d-4d52-8c41-c7803cc8f049">Re: Bridal Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you girls getting your BMs jewelry to wear the day of the wedding?
    Posted by angiems97@charter.net[/QUOTE]
    No.  Anything that they have to use for your wedding isn't a gift to them, it's a wedding expense for you. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards