Favors

Candy Buffet Bags

For everyone that has done a candy buffet or is thinking about one - what types of bags are you using to put the candy in and where did you get them? I am leaning towards small paper bags that I found at Micheal's but I would love to see what other people are using!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Candy Buffet Bags

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used little bags made of a chiffon/tulle type fabric.

You can kind of see them at the bottom of this picture:

**i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    i used paper bags in the shape of Tuxes & Dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of using the wax paper baggies and a sticker to seal it. I think the wax paper baggies have a fun "when I was a kid" feel. This could change, though.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did Chinese takeout boxes that I decorated myself.

• edited December 2011
    I like the idea of chinese boxes. What about clear bags? You can get them at target and tie them with your color tulle!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm ordering celophane bags in my colors from Glerup/Revere.  I've been ordering bags and boxes from them for years to put truffles in.  You have to order in bulk, but it's fairly cheap and guaranteed to match.
  • Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got chinese take out boxes from ULine, pretty good priced for bulk boxes. they only had white black and red in the type i wanted but luckly my colors are red and black!!  You can pretty much get them from any craft store though.
    I also got celophane bags from hobby lobby for our cookie buffet. and
    November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mariew829mariew829 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got the Chinese take out boxes from Uline, in black. I took the handle off and used black ribbon with red beads as the handle. We are putting round monogram stickers on each one. For 100, it came up to about $30.00. Hope this helps.
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What size containers did everyone buy?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered 1/2 lb coffee bags from Ebay - I paid under $40 including shipping for 100.  They're white, with a little window, and we're going to decorate probably with a monogram sticker on each.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
    image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards