New Jersey

***User***

Since you're so into photography and always give such great advice, which website do you recommend to use for a photoshare site that guests can post pictures to.  I want to be able to print their pictures, but I've heard mixed reviews about shutterfly, photobucket, etc. because they reduce the quality of the images.  I did hear that winkflash was good, but I'm clueless about this stuff so I figured I'd ask you.

Thoughts?
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ***User***

• edited December 2011
    Since you're so into photography and always give such great advice, which website do you recommend to use for a photoshare site that guests can post pictures to.  I want to be able to print their pictures, but I've heard mixed reviews about shutterfly, photobucket, etc. because they reduce the quality of the images.  I did hear that winkflash was good, but I'm clueless about this stuff so I figured I'd ask you.

Thoughts?
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am kind of out of the loop on that stuff (sorry).  I use picasa and smugmug for hosting, but for photosharing I would stick with what everyone else uses.  You basically want something that is easy to use,etc, so people actually use it.  I don't think quality will be a problem unless people are ordering large prints.  They may reduce resolution of the pictures to conserve bandwidth, but I would think they would explain what exactly they do in a FAQ page. 

For a decent 4x6, all you need is a 1500x1000 picture which is 1.5 megapixels.  Printers usually print at 250-300 DPI
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    Gotcha - Thanks so much!! 
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.