South Asian Weddings

Any computer savvy people who can help me?

Hi there!  I was wondering there is anyone who knows anything about website design.  My sister-in-law designed a website for FI and I for our wedding.  It was really sweet of her but the problem is FI doesn't like the design!  The layout is similar to what my sister-in-law and brother would pick, but not necessarily what FI and I would like.  We want to change the background color but don't know how to do that.  I don't want to get a completely new website because I don't want to offend them since they put so much time and money into getting it for us.  It would be great if I could just change the background color.  Any advice?  Thanks ladies, I know I can always count on you guys!

Re: Any computer savvy people who can help me?

• edited December 2011
    If the background color is all you want to change, take a look at the HTML code.  There should be something at the top that says "<body bgcolor =" and then it has a hexadecimal color code.  Find the color code you want.  You can google html color codes or go to this website: http://html-color-codes.info/ and get the color code you need.  Replace the 6 symbol alphanumeric code with the code representing the color you want.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    hey rsmetha ... hope all is well with you didn't hear from ou in a while .... sara came to my home, she super nice and she did an excellent job, hope to hee form you soon
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for your help everyone.  I tried changing the HTML color code but it didn't work for some reason.  I am using WordPress as the website host.  I tried taking a snapshot of it using the Prnt Scrn tool but that didn't seem to work.  I am obviously not very good with computers, blah! 

This is our website: achalandreena.com.  We want to change the maroon background color to something more bright, vibrant.  Thanks everyone for your help and any advice is greatly appreciated!

• edited December 2011
    Hello Rsmehta,

Are you looking to change the background graphics (floral motif) or the background color of the post? My guess is that you're looking to change the post color. I've located the hex code #501300 in your CSS style sheet:

• To change it, make sure you go into your "Appearance" tab in Wordpress after logging in. 
    • Click the "Editor" sub-tab. Go to "Style.css" on the right side from the files selection. 
    • Click it to bring it up on the editor. 
    • Click "Ctrl + F" to open a find window. 
    • Type in "#501300" to bring you to the exact spot on the style sheet.
    • Find a hex code color that you like and replace the 6 numbers after the # to change. 
    • Save/update the file. It should change it for you once you visit your site.

If you have any further design or technical web problems or would like me to make the changes for you (and any other ones for that matter), feel free to contact me melissa [dot] a [dot] hui [at] gmail [dot] com. (Or use my contact page at http://www.melissahui.com)

Best of luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards