Massachusetts-Boston

Possibly bizarre catering question!

My fiance and are really liking two venues we checked out last month, and we're having a lot of trouble deciding where to have our reception. Which is driving me crazy because I want to get this show on the road!

Our top choice requires using the site's catering services, or else charges $5,000 for the venue, which is out of our price range (and if it weren't we'd then choose a swankier venue for that cost...)

Anyway, the food looks great and they use fresh grown herbs which I love.  EXCEPT, the only option is buffet!! I reallllllly don't want buffet for the reception, which is just a personal preference.

Is there any such thing as hiring a caterer just to serve the food, so we could have a sit down meal, but still use our vendor's food? (and keep it still well under that $5,000 fee?) I'm going to actually call the venue and ask if they know of anything, but I thought I'd research it a little first. Thanks for any advice!!!
BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Possibly bizarre catering question!

• mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be up to your venue, but yes, you can hire waitstaff.  I work for an event staffing company on the side, and we get hired often to serve or clean up after other caterers drop off food, etc.
    http://www.partyaccommodator.com/ (just to give you an idea)
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    thanks!! i contaced caterers who said they'd do it at a realllly reasonable rate (like $34 per server for the night). i'm just waiting on the venue and i'll save your link too. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • goalieegoaliee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Cater Staff (out of Boston).  Call Rick - he's great to work with, and the wait/bar staff rates are really reasonable. 

For my wedding this past weekend, we had a caterer drop the food off, and then the wait staff plated and served it.  They were really fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards