Connecticut
Options

Hair & Make-up Trial

Just a quick question: When did/are you planning to do your hair & make-up trials? I booked with Dana Bartone (Linda & Amy, actually), and I got an email from Linda asking to do my trials in Feb or March--isn't that too early? My wedding is in August, and I'm planning on being much more tan by then. Should I just do the trial now, or ask her to wait until the wedding is closer (like June)?
Thanks!

Anniversary

Re: Hair & Make-up Trial

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't booked hair/make-up yet but I would also be asking the same question if it were me. I'm guessing the reason she wants to do it now is because they're busiest season is during the summer. I would prob. just call and ask if there's any benefit to waiting until closer to the day. 
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does seem early.  I'm doing my own makeup, but aren't hair trials only a few weeks before?  I mean will she even remember exactly what she did if the wedding is so long after the trial?  Shoot her an email and tell her what you posted here, and let us know her response.  I'm curious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in May and I did my trial 2 weeks ago. I think they want you to come in early because you sign the contract while you are there- if you don't like them, you will have time to go elsewhere and such, or make changes, do another trial, etc.

I am using Amy for my makeup, she's great!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Dana, and I did my trial in the fall for my May wedding.  I would assume that you'd be happy with the results, but for me, I'm really glad I did it early.  I originally booked with another makeup artist, did my trial, and she made me look like a drag queen/hooker... and then she basically yelled at me when I asked her if we could change some things!  So, I was very glad that I did my trial with her early because I realized that I needed to find someone else.  I went to Dana already worried about my makeup, so I was happy to do my trial and get the confidence back that she was the right one.

I wouldn't worry too much about how dark you are.  They're going to match the foundation the day of, no matter what.

It might be worth asking them why they want to book it so early.  They may have a reason, or it might just be because they were looking at the next available time on the schedule.  They will start getting very busy as the summer comes along, so it may actually be more easeful for you to schedule and do it now.  They're so popular that I wouldnt' be surprised if they're booked most weekends from May on.

If you're really uncomfortable with going this early though, I'm sure they can fit you in somewhere closer for a trial.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Dana Bartone for my hair- not sure who. My wedding is in August as well and she suggested a trail in April. She said it will be harder to do it after that because its prom season.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did my makeup trial right away (a year beforehand).
    My hairstylist said to wait until April to do my hair trial (2months before wedding)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah actualy i was wonderng the same thing.

I booked with Naomi Martinez for hair and make up, and when they could fit in for both was Apirl 30, my wedding is november! I feel like it's vERY eary but I guess Naomi is expectin gin May so they wanted her schedule clear. Since I wantd hair / makeup same day i just did my makeup trial that day too.
    it seems early but i'd rather that than doing it later IMO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Dana and Amy for hair/makeup.  I did my trial in August for my October wedding.  I actually wanted to do is earlier, but it was SO hard to find a time that worked out for both of us.  I work in NY so I couldn't get to her before her salon closed at night during the week and their weekends were crazy over the summer. 

Don't worry about how tan you may/may not be.  She adjusted my foundation the day of to my skin.
  • Options
    romyjm8romyjm8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Amy for my make-up and my trial is mid-Feb. for my April wedding.
    I wish I had gone earlier, but I decided too late that I didn't want to attempt my own make-up. 

I did a quick hair trial around Christmas, but will be going for my real one the same day as the make-up trial (also the day I scheduled e-session photos - gotta make that one day off count!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards