Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Ceremony & Reception Music - does this look okay?

I've never really paid much attention to wedding music choices, so here's what I've come up with so far, if anyone has any input or suggestions.

Ceremony is rather formal, in a (gorgeous) old stone Church, hence the more classical selections...

Prelude - Bach: Air on a G String, Bach: Arioso, Bach: Prelude

Groomsmen Entrance: How Great Thou Art (FI is obsessed with having this song at our wedding... I'm not thrilled about it, so I was thinking if we were to do an organ-instrumental version when the groomsmen enter & are waiting for the ceremony to start, it would be a good compromise)

Seating of the Parents - Telemann: Andante

Bridesmaids Procession - Bach: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

Bridal Procession: Pachelbel: Canon in D

Signing of Registry: Jack Johnson: Better Together, Beth Champion Mason - Can't Love You Enough (another Christian tune, but one I really like)

Recession: Purcell: Trumpet Tune

--------------------------------------------------------

Entrance to Reception: Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

Parent Dance: Rascal Flatts: My Wish

First Dance: Coldplay: Green Eyes

Cake Cutting: ???????????????????????

Bouquet Toss: Beyonce: Single Ladies

Garter Toss: probably won't be doing this - FI doesn't want to in front of his family...

Re: Ceremony & Reception Music - does this look okay?

• I would ditch the bouquet toss.  It really can be an embarrassment!
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I think you have some great music selections so far!  One thing, if you are having a program, please know that the proper name for your first prelude selection is "Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3 by Bach".  "Air on the G String" is incorrect; that name was applied when a violinist made an arrangement of the original (hence the G string) and it stuck.

Ideas for cake cutting:
    "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies
    "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor
    "Ice Cream" by Sarah McLaughlin
    "Brown Sugar" by the Rolling Stones
    "Love You Madly" by Cake
    "Candyman" by Christina Aguilera
    "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard
    "Sweetest Thing" - U2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_ceremony-reception-music-does-this-look-okay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:f13d6488-cf58-4105-b9c1-eff82b1e5857Post:26cf451d-f6ed-4e5a-a3a3-2f91635784b4">Re: Ceremony & Reception Music - does this look okay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you have some great music selections so far!  <strong>One thing, if you are having a program, please know that the proper name for your first prelude selection is "Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3 by Bach".</strong>  "Air on the G String" is incorrect; that name was applied when a violinist made an arrangement of the original (hence the G string) and it stuck. Ideas for cake cutting: "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor "Ice Cream" by Sarah McLaughlin "Brown Sugar" by the Rolling Stones "Love You Madly" by Cake "Candyman" by Christina Aguilera "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard "Sweetest Thing" - U2
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I actually really liked the idea of that song as a processional song, but the title of it (so I thought) would totally make me giggle as I walked down the aisle, hence the Pachelbel's Canon choice :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I also found out the church only allows one processional song - so I'm leaning towards Pachelbel's Canon for that - much more traditional, and I think it fits the bridesmaid/bride much better. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the cake cutting suggestions - those are great ideas!</div><div>
    </div><div>Regarding bouquet toss - I wasn't overly keen on this idea anyways (especially since the only 'unmarried' women will be 2-3 friends and my 15 year old cousins/neices... so not entirely appropriate. Plus, I don't really want to give away my bouquet! So if people won't be upset if I skip it, I'd totally be okay with this!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards