New York

CAKE-SYRACUSE

our wedding is in october and FMIL said she would pay for our cake. yet, she wants her "friend" from work who has never made a wedding cake before to do it. I am petrified, i want the cake experience like you see on tv when you and your fiance get to go "tasting"

any recomendations on where to buy a cake but is still "budget" friendly?

Thanks so much.. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CAKE-SYRACUSE

• edited December 2011
    We are getting our cake from Biscotti. They are a bit on the pricy side but the cake is out of this world. In order to cut costs we are doing a small 3 tier cake and a half sheet cake. It's saving us over $150 by doing this for 125 guests. I hope that helps.

In regards to your FMIL, if she insists on using her friend you can either let her because she's paying or decline her offer to pay and do what you want and foot the bill. It sounds like it may be worth it for you to just pay for the cake yourself.

GL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try Wegmans. One of my friends had her cake made there and it was yummy. Wegmans does everything so well. They will also be cheaper than a bakery.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting our cake from Sweet Endings Bakeshop in Jamesville. We went in and did a tasting. She brought out a tower of mini cupcakes representing many of the cake/icing/filling combinations that she does. It was delicious. She does both traditional and more modern style cakes, so there's a lot to choose from. We brought in our own design and she loved it. I can't wait to see and eat ours. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the same idea as KD+BC; but ours is from Patisserie (part of the Sherwood in Skaneatles) it was the same price as biscotti and when he gave me the full price for 150 people, I asked him how we could make it fit into the budget and he was very willing to work with us.  I had mentioned 2 weddings I was at that he did the cake for and he said taht one of them had "fake tiers" where they are frosted to look like cake but theyy're not.  I had NO CLUE when I was there that they were fake so it sold me.  We are also doing a sheet cake to help, so be sure to ask because you never know what they can do to help you out.  The guys name was Michael at Patisserie....good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also going with Sweet Endings in Jamesville. The cupcakes are delicious. I had my mom, FI, and MOH try them and no one had tasted anything like them. The price is incredibly cheap compared to the normal tasting cakes I've tried.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with pacales only because they are doing our reception also but their cakes are amazing. they have pricing on their website www.hotelsyracusebanquets.com I hear nothing but great things about Sweet Endings and I know my favorite bakery in syracuse is Nino's. Not sure if they do wedding cakes but they are great!
  • bfuller1085bfuller1085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I HIGHLY recommend SWEET ENDINGS in Jamesville. I may be a little bias but I grew up with her son and have tasted all of her many creations. Her desserts are above and beyond any resturant or bakery Ive ever been to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards