Honeymoon Discussions

Jamaica Honeymoon tips, suggestions, or advice please!

We've finally decided on our honeymoon destination! Does anyone have any advice, tips, or suggestions as to what AI resort to stay at? 

We went to a travel agent but as soon as we mentioned we'd like to keep it under $3,000 for the both of us she quickly handed us some books and told us she'd be in touch. (She's only emailed us twice in 2 weeks, so not much help!)

I've read online Sandals Montego Bay is RIGHT by the airport and seeing planes constantly fly overhead so close doesn't seem like a honeymoon to mean. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!Cool
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jamaica Honeymoon tips, suggestions, or advice please!

• I'm not sure how long you want to go, but check out Couples. Couples Sans Souci and Tower Isle are in the Ocho Rios area; Swept Away and Negril are in the Negril area. SS and TI tend to be slight less expensive. For something a little more budget friendly, there are also Riu resorts!

• We're going to Sandals Whitehouse - it's about an hour and a half away from Montego Bay and it has 2 miles of private beach.  No other resorts in the area - we can't wait!  Haven't been yet so I can't tell you if it's as amazing as it looks online, but we're really excited!

We got a black friday deal - if you want to go to sandals, wait for some crazy discounts.  They include things that other resorts don't include (like diving), so they tend to be more expensive day to day.  If you aren't going to take advantage of those bonus activities (FI and I are not - I couldn't get him to go scuba diving to save his life) then I would either wait for a great bargain or look at other resorts.  The Couples resorts get great reviews, and we would have gone to one of those if Sandals hadn't had that black friday discount.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll also recommend Couples. Great reviews, great locations and lots of extras included (beyond the typical AI food and watered down alcoholic drinks.) We'll be spending a week in Jamaica at Couples Tower Isle for just under your budget amount. That includes flights from Denver, CO.  Best wishes with your planning! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'd say Couples Tower Isle is the best bang for your buck. FI and I kind of robbed Peter to pay Paul so we could go to Wild Orchid Montego Bay but Tower Isle was the runner up as far as value! It's running around $3,200.00 Flight (out of Akron) and hotel and that's without the specials
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
  • I just went to Jamaica last year and I absoluely loved it. We stayed at the Grand Palladium in St Lucia. It was not a honeymoon but it was still amazing! Also if your looking for once in a lifetime places look into Floyd's Pelican Bar. It was amazing and fun. Wish I could go back!

Have a great time!
  • It's been a very long time since I've been to Jamaica.  At the time it was the Wyndym at Rose Hall.  It wasn't too far from the AP & was quiet nice. 

Once you pick a destination make sure you bring water shoes & climb Dunns River Falls.  If you get the chance watch a sunset in Negril. 
  • We are going to Sandals Royal Caribbean which is also in Montego Bay but about 10 minutes from the airport so you still do get plane noise a little but not directly flying overhead like at Montego Bay. Our travel agent told us that Montego Bay has more of a party atmosphere and Royal Caribbean is a little quieter. Typically I would lean towards a party atmosphere, but not for my honeymoon. Plus if you stay at the quieter one, you can always go to Montego Bay for the day. I think 3000 is a reasonable budget, I would find a new travel agent if I was you. I agree, watch the sandals site you can get really good deals. Around new years they were giving away a candlelight dinner with a booking, when we booked we got a $200 spa credit. Fi and I chose SRC because we wanted somewhere we could be on the beach by like noon, and not have to deal with an hour and a half drive to Ochos Rios.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_jamaica-honeymoon-tips-suggestions-or-advice-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:0e1d854f-4c90-4daa-8066-c6b01afd445fPost:7fdfa367-0808-4e51-866d-fe36121d55e9">Re: Jamaica Honeymoon tips, suggestions, or advice please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went to Jamaica last year and I absoluely loved it. <strong>We stayed at the Grand Palladium in St Lucia.</strong> It was not a honeymoon but it was still amazing! Also if your looking for once in a lifetime places look into Floyd's Pelican Bar. It was amazing and fun. Wish I could go back! Have a great time!
    Posted by jenmcbride13[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm pretty sure PP means that this resort is in Lucia, Jamica - not St. Lucia. H and I have also stayed at this resort, not for a honeymoon, but for a wonderful trip where we got engaged. I also recommend Grand Palladium. We stayed on the "Lady Hamilton" side, which is nicer than the "Jamaica" side of the resort. If you decide on this resort, upgrade to the Villa Suites if possible. </div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.grandpalladiumladyhamilton.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.grandpalladiumladyhamilton.com/</a></div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are thinking about Jamaica too so this is super helpful!!! I'm assuming the Couples resort is adult only?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Fiance and I just booked our Honeymoon to Couples San Souci for under $3000 for this August! It gets great reviews and looks so beautiful! We can't wait!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_jamaica-honeymoon-tips-suggestions-or-advice-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:0e1d854f-4c90-4daa-8066-c6b01afd445fPost:b67dec67-6989-43c3-9f2f-63a9692216dc">Re: Jamaica Honeymoon tips, suggestions, or advice please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamaica Honeymoon tips, suggestions, or advice please! : I'm pretty sure PP means that this resort is in Lucia, Jamica - not St. Lucia. H and I have also stayed at this resort, not for a honeymoon, but for a wonderful trip where we got engaged. I also recommend Grand Palladium. We stayed on the "Lady Hamilton" side, which is nicer than the "Jamaica" side of the resort. If you decide on this resort, upgrade to the Villa Suites if possible.  <a href="http://www.grandpalladiumladyhamilton.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.grandpalladiumladyhamilton.com/</a>
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I did mean that! Sorry I have St. Lucia on my mind! We also did Lady Hamilton and it was nicer than the Jamaica side. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards