Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake Balls

Has anyone heard of a cake ball wedding cake?  I really want to do one and my cake person told me to find a pic to show her.  I found one, but it's not that interesting!!  I just wanted to know if anyone had ideas!!

Thanks

Re: Cake Balls

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bakerella makes cake ball pops.  If you google her, you'll find her website.  Starbucks has also started making cake ball pops, so worst case scenario, you could bring one to your baker to see up close.
  • Options
    deerbridedeerbride member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could do something similar to a croquembouche, the traditional french wedding cake, which is a tower of cream-filled, puff pastry balls and use cake balls instead of puff pastry. 
  • Options
    cocopuff09120cocopuff09120 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're pretty easy to make yourself actually. I would just look up a recipe
  • Options
    Cassinova21Cassinova21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a cake balls cake.  Boise, ID Cake Ballers... https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/cakeballers

I will use a traditional cake or candy tray.  Three layers of trays large to small pile the cake balls high.  I will make the top of the cake a small simple square cake for the traditional cutting.  I think this is a new trend that will start.. the new cupcake wedding cake.  I am so excited!
  • Options
    dustyandnatdustyandnat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You have your baker do these awesome designs but built it up in tiers as the first picture shows.  It might work easier if you cover styrofoam with fondant and then have the cake balls on sticks "cake pops" and then just push them in the tower and guests can grab them out as they please.  Also, it would be cool to still put a small cake on the top tier so you could use something to save for you 1 year anniversary :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards