Military Brides
Options

Help finding sabres

My fiance is a Captain in the US Army, and we are planning on getting married next July in a formal military ceremony. I've been trying to look online where I can borrow sabres from, but I'm having some difficulty. Some people are really rude about it (as in the lovely post on Yahoo! answers) and say you're required to buy them, which I know isn't true. I've heard you can borrow them from large military bases or even some local ROTC installations, but I really don't know how to go about it? My fiance is a West Point grad, so I hear you can get them from there as well.

I really just don't know where to start when it comes to trying to get them reserved for our wedding day. We are getting married in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area so Ft Hood is our closest base.

Any suggestions on how to reserve them would be great!!

Thanks!!

Re: Help finding sabres

• Options
    billman2billman2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My only suggestion is that your FI might have better luck than you will.  My  husband is USMC but 2 of my brothers and my dad are in the Army and they all suggested that my husband try to get the swords because they all seemed to think he'd have better luck.  We ended up never even trying, but my brothers were able to get sabres very easily from local ROTC and National Guard units for an Army wedding and a Navy Wedding..
  • Options
    PetrilloFamPetrilloFam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Local Military Chapels, too.
  • Options
    lanyemichellelanyemichelle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If there are any HS ROTC programs around they will have some that the AI might let you borrow. You could call around, but the instructor will probably be more likely to let you borrow them if your hubby asks.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes the unit's supply would have them.  Have your FI check with his supply officer.  Sabers are used for ceremonial purposes, so they might have them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards