Florida-West Coast

Mock set up, centerpieces & DIY runners

Ladies, I finally managed to get some of the table items set up to see what it will look like.  ufsweetiebear lit a fire under me since I saw her runners were done!  I will be posting them up in the bio soon with more detail, but wanted to give you a sneak peak!

updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage

Re: Mock set up, centerpieces & DIY runners

• tammyhector77tammyhector77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. They look awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looking pretty good!
  • edited December 2011
    Looks great!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Nice job!!  Love the latern....I actually am using lanters (white ones) as well, at alternating tables!  I think its such a cute idea...especially atthe beach
  • edited December 2011
    love it!  I am using lanterns too =) I ordered mine yesterday, they look great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have lantern envy now.  My reception is outside and I think it's going to be better than candles.  Hmmmm.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great feedback!  They ended up being so SIMPLE than my orignal plan.

mbathey- I like the alternating of the white.  These came in white too!  I am going to have a different type of starfish in each so the are not all the same too.
    ttnoles - Nice - They will look great I am sure!
    cymeyer - LOL I changed my mind about 3 weeks ago from apothocary jars & candles to these!  Nothing like 2 months out and changing your mind!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • kelllly55kelllly55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This looks really great. I love the lantern idea. It will add such warm ambiance! Are they expensive? I'm on a hunt for vases.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_mock-set-up-centerpieces-diy-runners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:ed3ed640-48f8-4dbe-88a0-5e27a6dbf206Post:58a0f8f3-315b-4bc8-97fe-a362cd32bd8b">Re: Mock set up, centerpieces & DIY runners</a>:
    [QUOTE]This looks really great. I love the lantern idea. It will add such warm ambiance! Are they expensive? I'm on a hunt for vases.
    Posted by kelllly55[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  It is turtle nesting season during our wedding, so all the warm ambient lighting we can get will be good!  We can't really use other lighting (except for what the location uses which is considered acceptable).

The lanterns were actually very affordable - $10 each.  We have a chain store up in the Northeast that you can get really good deals on things like this, vases, candles, etc.  Vases - try homegoods, TJmaxx they usually have good deals.
  • edited December 2011
    I saw some ultra cute lanterns at IKEA in Tampa about a month ago, they had little stars cut out of them, and I think they were like $5-$8.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards