Favors
Options

Favor per couple?

Hi! My fiance and I are looking to give out our favorite wine from the town we met for our guests. I have my heart set on this as our favor, but it's a bit pricy. He suggested giving a bottle per couple (and one for anyone who is there on their own). Is it rude to not give every indidvidual guest a favor?

I'd love opinions on this!
BridetoBe123

Re: Favor per couple?

• Options
    I think for something like a full-sized bottle of wine, it is fine to give one bottle per couple, with single people also receiving their own favor.

If you haven't already done so, before you make a final decision about wine as a favor, make sure this is allowed by your venue. 

If you can proceed, it might be worth it to talk to the vineyard producing this wine to see if you can buy in bulk - it might reduce the cost to you a bit.  Also, if you have any guests under 21, you will need to provide an alternate, non-alcoholic favor.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I saw this post last night and actually asked a couple of people about this because I can see it both ways.  My H said, yeah it's typical to share a bottle of wine so it makes sense for a couple to share a bottle as a favor.  On the other hand, I have a friend who LOVES wine and she orders a bottle for herself when they go out (she has the waiter cork it and finishes it the next evening) and she would not want to have to share her bottle with her H just because she was married instead of single.

Is it possible to buy the wine in 375 ml bottles instead of the 750s?  Then you could give each person their own smaller bottle and the couple/single issue would be no more.

If this is going to be too expensive of a favor, it's okay to pass on the favors.  I know you said you had your heart set on the wine but I'm not sure if that's because you really want to do this regardless or this is what you have your heart set on because you feel that favors are expected.   You wouldn't be breaking any etiquette rules to not have favors. =-)
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Thanks! This is really helpful. I spoke to the distributor and they are offering a discount (for every six, I can get the seventh free) which is a big help. The bottles i was looking at are the 375, not a mini bottle, but definatley not a full size either.

I didn't even think about the under 21 folks, so glad you mentioned that. I thought of the few kids that are coming but there are a few teens as well!

I guess I have some more thinking to do!

Thanks so much!
    BridetoBe123
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I was going to say one bottle per couple is okay, but now that I see you are buying half size bottles, I think you need to do one per person.  There are only two generous glasses of wine in a 375 ml bottle.
  • Options
    We are doing one full size per couple.  Of course, the singles will receive their own bottle.  Also, since we are only doing a bottle per couple, we are getting cigars for the men coming to the wedding and OPI nail polish for the ladies to grab on their way out. 

Most wineries will give you a discount if you buy in bulk. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards