Massachusetts-Boston

Recommendations for a great DJ!

Hi Ladies,

I'm looking for a DJ for $1500 for 6 hours.  My wedding is slightly off-season (November), in case you know of a discounted price.

Thank you very much for your help! 

Re: Recommendations for a great DJ!

• edited December 2011
    I forgot to say I need great dancing to 80, 90s and top hits.  Nothing cheesy!
  • edited December 2011
    What city/town will your wedding be in?
  • edited December 2011
    Sharon, MA
  • ashleym0706ashleym0706 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Ramu and the Crew. I was reccomended by a fellow knottie and I just had a meeting with him for our wedding and I was amazed at everything you get for the price!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ashleym0706ashleym0706 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and no cheese was something I said when I got the recommendation ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BostonGirl82BostonGirl82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    C-Zone Music! We used Max Baun because Greg, the owner, was already booked. Max was hands down our favorite vendor. No cheese and our dance floor was packed the entire night! I have had 3 friends book Max for their 2011 wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    NuImage maybe be able to work with your budget.  They have DJ's in a few different price ranges.  I LOVE them!
  • edited December 2011
    We have Greg from C-Zone for our wedding and I am SO excited about it!!  I'm glad Max was good.  We met Greg at a wedding show and he was so wonderful we booked him out pretty early!
  • blaharnblaharn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_recommendations-great-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:01cc341e-a154-4937-b6cd-620d717bc6a1Post:73034c32-ba3a-4170-bcf3-f0da86c8d2b2">Re: Recommendations for a great DJ!</a>:
    [QUOTE]C-Zone Music! We used Max Baun because Greg, the owner, was already booked. Max was hands down our favorite vendor. No cheese and our dance floor was packed the entire night! I have had 3 friends book Max for their 2011 wedding :)
    Posted by BostonGirl82[/QUOTE]

We are also using C-Zone and Greg will be our DJ. Very professional and easy to work with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Beat Train Productions
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Peter with Groove Entertainment.  They are fantastic.  They can work with any budget.  We also got our uplighting and video through them.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011

Curtis Knight!!  DJ Jeanie...she was awesome!!

• edited December 2011
    I used John Wells from the Event Connection and we loved him! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Another Ramu and the Crew bride here!  Absolutely check him out!  He includes SO much it's crazy and he was less $$ than any other DJ I was looking at.

Check out his reviews on weddingwire.  I love how he provides videos so you can see how he works and gets the crowd going.  He's also started offering photobooths.  He's been awesome to work with!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Entertainment by Scott Sica.  I haven't gotten married yet, but I have heard phenomenal things about him.. He just got a one page spread in New England Bride magazine.  He's super reasonable... and he's yours for the whole day (and I think it's 1500).  He is so down to earth, so wonderfully accommodating... I would recommend him fully!  781-838-0898

Here's the article: http://www.newenglandbridemag-digital.com/newenglandbridemag/201102#pg10
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Were using Groove Entertainment (joe). Heard great reviews also about Joe. They are on the pricer end of your budget. But Joe is a great guy the owner and maybe willing to work with you on some sort of package deal. We also meet with Curtis Knight and thought he was great as well. We went with Joe cause our hotel recommended him to us. But we also liked Curtis as well. I feel Curtis had alot of energy and that is what you want for your party. So good luck in your search. Defitnely talk with Joe and try to negotiate price and he might be willing to work with you. We were straight forward on our budget and he was able to work with us,
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies.  I think we're going with Greg from C-Zone.  I really appreciate the help.  I felt like I hit a wall in my search, but you guys help keep me going!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards