New York

Fun RSVPs???

So I'm making my own invites and I'm having some issues with the RSVPs, I need everyone's help.  I thought it was a really cute idea to use song lyrics or movie quotes as the yes/no.  I decided it would be easier to find music lyrics that most people knew than movie quotes. The FI wasn't really into it until I gave some examples.  I want to make sure there is a kind of classic song and a more modern song so everyone gets it.  Let me know what you think and I'm entirely open to more options!

Yes:
___ We're gonna party like it's 1999!-Prince
___ I'll show you all the moves like Jagger!-Maroon 5

No:
__You can't always get what you want-Rolling Stones
__ I'm sorry Miss Jackson...OOooo -Outkast (his suggestion, haha)

Re: Fun RSVPs???

• raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People always think this is a good idea, but it usually is more trouble than it's worth. Even if you pick songs that are easily recognized, people will get confused, especially if you have 2 yes and 2 no. I would save yourself the headache of all the phonecalls and explainations, and just go with simple responses.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_fun-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:b9979e98-2e6f-46e8-aa62-2a2b2030f943Post:09ead6f4-77ab-4d42-9947-fcb65b38dba6">Re: Fun RSVPs???</a>:
    [QUOTE]People always think this is a good idea, but it usually is more trouble than it's worth. Even if you pick songs that are easily recognized, people will get confused, especially if you have 2 yes and 2 no. I would save yourself the headache of all the phonecalls and explainations, and just go with simple responses.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

This... unfortunately.  Cute idea, but I also see it being more trouble than its worth.

There are so many other fun ways to incorporate music and movies... and to add your own little unique twist.  Something like this will likely end up with a few dozen phone calls asking what you mean (and many moments of ::head desk:: for you)...
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm honestly confused by your RSVP :(  Which yes or no would I mark???  I agree with PP, try to incorporate fun and unique ideas with other aspects of your wedding.  People can barely get the prestamped envelope in the mail, let alone try and figure out how to RSVP with your song choices.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree; keep it simple.  People are dumb sometimes!  Trust me.  I couldn't even get people to initial what meal choice they wanted despite the instructions being written out on the card.

One thing I've seen done if you want to incorporate music is to have guests that are attending write down 1 song they'd like to hear at the reception.
    Anniversary
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_fun-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:b9979e98-2e6f-46e8-aa62-2a2b2030f943Post:d0eddeb5-0477-40f0-a174-e1b2eb533fd8">Re: Fun RSVPs???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I couldn't even get people to initial what meal choice they wanted despite the instructions being written out on the card. Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

Ugh this was my problem too. I wanted to call people and be like "Oh, so your initial is a check mark? That's cool." Stupid people.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • csharpe44csharpe44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh.  That sucks.  But thank you all for your honest responses...I was so wanting to have fun with this...oh well.  Traditional responses it is.
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to mention -- you can still do traditional, but with fun wording.  I googled it and found some example, but I'd say just having 1 for yes and 1 for no is less confusing.  Or if you definitel wanted to use lyric in parenthesis next to it you can put "That means YES I can come!" or something.... just an idea.

My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards