Oregon
Options

Gluten Free Caterer

My MIL has Celiac Disease, meaning she can't have anything with gluten, wheat, rhye and something else (I forgot what). If she is to ingest any of these she gets seriously sick. Does anyone know of a caterer that offers a Gluten Free menu? Having a separate gluten free entry just for her is out of the question since the food will probably be cooked in the same kitchen and we want to avoid any cross contamination.

Re: Gluten Free Caterer

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't know of any personally but I would recommend just talking to different catering companies. Call around and talk to ppl, everyone I have talked to is very informative and helpful. From your ticker it looks like you have awhile until your wedding. I wouldn't stress out too much about this detail yet. But I think because she is can't eat so many things you'll have to do you homework and be prepared to pay extra.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    suebestsuebest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ethnic food is a great choice for gluten free food.  Mexican, some Thai, Indian, etc.  Make sure whomever you choose knows well the gluten free diet, as there is gluten in many ingredients that you would not think of (like soy sauce).  There is a gluten free bakery in PDX that may be able to help. New Cascadia Traditional.
  • Options
    KarliVtobeKarliVtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Piece of Cake in Sellwood makes Gluten Free Cakes.. As does New Cascaidia Traidtional Bakery in Portland.. I'd contact either one to see if they know of cateror's. Gluten free means no oats, wheat or rhye.. You would want them to use potato flour in anything they make you and ask about sauces.. Many sauces have hidden gluten which is just as bad as a slice of bread. The other option would be to bring in a few things for your MIL and save $.. The entire meal GF will be spendy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards