Just Engaged and Proposals

Save the date

I am new to this and also a Bride to be in October.  I have alot of questions.  What is save the date?Embarassed
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the date

• It's a postcard, card, magnet or other momento sent to your guests that basically says your names, 'save the date' and the date of your wedding. It's purpose is to alert your guests of your wedding date anywhere from 6mo-1yr in advance. This is more commonly done for those with a lot of out of town (OOT) guests. If you need to book a flight or hotel room to go to a wedding, you'd appreciate some advance warning.

We did save the dates (STD), but in retrospect wish we only did this for those OOT guests. Once you send someone an STD, you have to invite them to the wedding. Since a lot can happen in 1 year, be cautious.
  • What PP said, but also you can put your wedding website on the STD and have all hotel and travel information needed for OOT guests. You may also put your registry information on your website.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks, Ladies I am getting so overwhelmed.  We are having a small intimate wedding with approximately 25 guest,  I just dont want to forget anything.  We are going to pick out our venue Saturday.

Is favors a must we are only inviting family...thanks
    Money mouth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't feel like you HAVE to do save the dates. I did them but because I have ALOT of out of town guests, and they will need to book a hotel room and such. Or if it is a destination wedding. But if it is just small immediate family, I wouldn't say I would do them.

• Okay.. I do have people coming from out of State .. But it's a couple of hours away
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards