South Carolina-Charleston

Looking for affordable but nice Charleston hotel to block for guests

I'm looking for an affordable but nice Charleston hotel to block off for my out of town guests.  The wedding is in June.  I'd like to find something around the $100 price point, Is this realistic for a June Charleston wedding?

Re: Looking for affordable but nice Charleston hotel to block for guests

• ballda02ballda02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is on Memorial Day and we have a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Mt. Pleasant. It's right off the bridge so it's not far from downtown, and a bit more affordable than staying right in the city. Cabs aren't too expensive if you are going to be drinking downtown.
  • edited December 2011
    I've contacted them.  It was a nice hotel, but the rate they quoted me (over $150 a night) was more than I'd like to make my guests pay.  Does anyone know of a decent hotel closer to $100?  I'd consider something a little further from downtown.
  • MoochieMCH2MoochieMCH2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your reception?  I'm also using the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mt. Pleasant, but might be able to make other suggestions if I knew more about your venues.
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check out Comfort Suites West of the Ashley.  With minimal traffic, it is about a 15 min drive into downtown.  We had some family stay here for our wedding and it is convenient to the airport (right at the end of 526 at HWY 17) and it is a fairly new hotel.  They have some nice suites too if people would like more room to spread out.  Our family was very pleased with it. 
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is downtown.
  • Try priceline! You go to group rates and name your price...hotels make bids and youre able to book the block with no obligation. Worked like a charm for me!
    Im usually typing on my Ipad...so forgive the typos! I promise I'm not illiterate. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards