March 2013 Weddings

Ceremony Music

I know we discussed some music on an earlier post but we didn't touch on prelude music really ... What is everyone using for prelude and or ceremony songs?   I am looking for ideas ...  Songs I am currently interested in using:

To Make You Feel My Love
Yellow - Coldplay INSTRUMENTAL ... amazing.
The Wedding Song
The Prayer
Wherever You Go
Feels Like Home
From This Moment On

I know for sure I am walking in to Canon in D -- just can't get away from it.

But I'm struggling to match a bridesmaid entry song ... wanted to do To Make You Feel My Love instrumental, but I don't know if that goes ... Marry Me instrumental any better?  Any suggestions?

Also, thinking Feels Like Home as our Unity Candle song?  Appropriate or no?

Eek, so soon!!

Re: Ceremony Music

• Our ceremony is Catholic so we can't use modern songs like you are, but we are using the Prayer during communion and Canon in D for the bridesmaids processional.. I love those ones too!!

I think Feels Like Home is great for the unity candle but I don't think I'd use Marry me for the bridesmaids processional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Sleeper about the nontraditional and then one traditional... I was thinking that at first too but thought maybe that was a normal thing for non-Catholic weddings, since that is all I know
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also agree with sleeper2013....the Train Marry Me song done on Instruments by Piano is very nice... I'm walking in to Here Comes the Bride played by Violin...I'll most likely do two instrumentals, one for the bridesmaids, and a different one for the Parents and Family entrance...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm planning on instrumental versions of popular songs for everything. MOH and I listened to a whole bunch of songs when she was in town for my shower and I *think* I have it narrowed down to a guitar version of "I'm Yours" (it's "our song" so I really wanted to walk to this but the piano and string versions weren't as nice IMO) for my walk. I have "Wonderwall" "Chasing Cars" and "Something" (Beatles) in mind for the wedding party. Then I remembered I needed something for grandparents/parents to walk to. Blah. I think I'll just do one song for everyone else, then one for me.

I'm planning on all guitar covers because I realized doing one song in piano, then the next in guitar might sound a little odd. We were also being picky about the tempo of the songs together. We will stop one song for a few seconds before starting the next, but I feel like it still needs to have a little bit of a flow to it. Now I need to decide what specific parts of the song we want. It's hard when I don't know how long it will take to walk in my venue. So many annoying little details!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Just to clarify... Those were songs I was interested in using, not planning on using all of them...obviously. But thank you to the ones who provided constructive feedback and songs of your choice!
  • Jennipea.... Trying to figure out lengths of songs and parts is tough!!! Love that you are using your guys song to walk down the aisle! That is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards