Moms and Maids

Songs for Mother/son Dance

Looking for suggestions for the Mother/Son dance.  Something different or out of the ordinary.....

Re: Songs for Mother/son Dance

• ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL and FI are dancing to In My Life...My DJ found I think a John Lennon version and she liked it.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told FI and his mom to work it out and let me know what they come up with.
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_songs-motherson-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:318f6f9f-8eb1-425b-8812-3b425db1107fPost:bbdc30df-aa91-41b2-b89f-87c97aa7028c">Re: Songs for Mother/son Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FMIL and FI are dancing to In My Life...My DJ found I think a John Lennon version and she liked it.
    Posted by ShakeUpTampa[/QUOTE]

<div>FI is a Bealtes junkie...I'll be sure to suggest this! Thanks!</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is dancing to "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong with his mom.
    Other suggestions: "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, I second "In My Life" by The Beatles, and there's a song by Boyz II Men although I'm unsure of the title but it has something to do with mothers. If you just Google "mother/son wedding songs" you'll get a lot of ideas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_songs-motherson-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:318f6f9f-8eb1-425b-8812-3b425db1107fPost:bbdc30df-aa91-41b2-b89f-87c97aa7028c">Re: Songs for Mother/son Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FMIL and FI are dancing to In My Life...My DJ found I think a John Lennon version and she liked it.
    Posted by ShakeUpTampa[/QUOTE]

This is what hubby and his mom danced to.  It was really nice and upbeat.

We picked it, his mom asked us to, and we originally thought about "Mother and Child Reunion" by Paul Simon but I just didn't like the line "this strang and mournful day."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My FI and his Mom are dancing to Creed "With Arms Wide Open"...definitely not my first choice but since it is their dance I really shouldn't have a say...oh she is really into rock music

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards