Flowers

submerged flowers-how to...

What kind of flowers look really pretty when submerged? I am thinking of doing fresh...but I am welcome to suggestions about fake as well. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: submerged flowers-how to...

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

Orchids look amazing under water and are hands down the best to submerge...they hold their shape great and last a long time (I did them for my wedding...see pic below).

Also, hydrangeas (break apart into smaller pieces), petals of roses, calla lilies, and roses.

• edited December 2011
    How do you submerge them? Just tie a weight to the bottom?? Do you have to do anything to the  flower itself?
  • jalafajalafa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will have to go home and see what kind of fake flowers I bought at Hobby Lobby but in the water they look completely real! And I saved $$ on having to buy real ones. Got them on sale for 40% off too.  Each stem came with about 5-6 flowers but they looked very similar to the orchids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    For the tall vase in my picture the florist used a metal frog (most likely clinged or glued to the vase) and shoved the orchid stem onto the points.  For the smaller vases she just stuck a few orchid blooms in the water and then the floating candle held them down.

• edited December 2011
    thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards