Not Engaged Yet

Kleinfeld & SYTTD

My grandmother has mentioned a couple times that she would love for me to go to Kleinfeld to try on dresses & be on SYTTD (I explained I would have to apply to be on the show or whatever so it wouldn't even be guaranteed).  I don't really feel one way or the other about going there or being on the show so I just tell her "We'll see, Mommom".

What do you guys think? Would you want to be on SYTTD or another wedding-related show like that?  Should I apply for it?  

Re: Kleinfeld & SYTTD

• They never seem to have any level headed, sensible brides on the show, so that leads me to believe most of us here wouldn't get cast.  LOL.  But if any of those dresses were in my budget, I think it'd be fun to at least go shopping there.
    Anniversary
  • I don't think I ever would. Just the idea of making something intimiate and special, public. 
  • I hear Bridezillas is always looking.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• I would love to go try on dresses somewhere that upscale if I had the money to actually buy them.

However, I've actually heard some bad things about Kleinfeld from people who shopped there. Most of them had budgets toward the bottom end of the stock there, and said they were put in multiple dresses they couldn't afford, and pressured into upping their price point.
  • Personally I don't think I could ever go on one of those types of shows because I'm a pretty private person and wouldn't want my life on display- I had a hard enough time at David's Bridal when everyone in the store was staring at me while I was trying dresses on lol.

But if you want to go to Kleinfeld's and the dresses are within your budget, I'd say go for it!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Don't they have episodes following a couple brides during their big sample sale or whatever? I seem to remember a couple like that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I defnitely think they have some 'normal' brides, but they are all themes... like brides who bring their dads, or their fiances, or their whole families. I say definitely apply. You are only planning on doing this once, so why not!

Keep in mind, this is coming from a bride that is waiting impatiently to hear from Four Weddings :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kleinfeld-syttd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c81b075-fe24-4bcb-b3c3-da14f42e0546Post:13ef0c2d-aee1-4586-acc1-bd0a015ea6ed">Re: Kleinfeld & SYTTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't they have episodes following a couple brides during their big sample sale or whatever? I seem to remember a couple like that?
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh do they?  I've never seen those eps. They have their blowout sale soon, sometime this month I think.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kleinfeld-syttd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c81b075-fe24-4bcb-b3c3-da14f42e0546Post:bbe44f6a-e3c4-4945-8952-01f46b968c45">Re: Kleinfeld & SYTTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I defnitely think they have some 'normal' brides, but they are all themes... like brides who bring their dads, or their fiances, or their whole families. I say definitely apply. You are only planning on doing this once, so why not! Keep in mind, this is coming from a bride that is waiting impatiently to hear from Four Weddings :)
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>There was a Four Weddings funeral on TV on Sunday & I totally thought of you!  Will they contact you either way?  </div>

• Haha. As fun as it would be, I don't have the budget either. I'd rather drive south to SYTTD: Atlanta. They look like so much more fun, plus, they have a wider range of sizes for those non-size 4 brides.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kleinfeld-syttd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c81b075-fe24-4bcb-b3c3-da14f42e0546Post:a771a8b9-fd93-4bc3-b260-57511b21a833">Re: Kleinfeld & SYTTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kleinfeld & SYTTD : Oh do they?  I've never seen those eps. They have their blowout sale soon, sometime this month I think.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>No, I was thinking of the blowout sale. You could try to get on that episode if budget is a concern.</div><div>
    </div><div>If budget is not a concern, I say go for it. Why not? :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like to watch those shoes, but I don't think I would ever be comfortable putting myself (or my family) out there for everyone to make comments about. Granted, I wish my DB experience had been even just a LITTLE bit like SYTTD (as far as privacy, room, and comfort), but I don't think I could make a public spectacle of myself. I hate being the center of attention.
  • Do the show.

But I think you should be one of those brides that finds and buys her dress elsewhere, then doesn't tell her Kleinfeld consultant.  Let it "accidentally" slip out at the end of the appointment that you already have a dress and just wanted to see if they had anything better.

I love those.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kleinfeld-syttd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c81b075-fe24-4bcb-b3c3-da14f42e0546Post:c97e4ab7-6dab-4e77-9c40-3cc2dcfc34b9">Re: Kleinfeld & SYTTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kleinfeld & SYTTD : But... I'm not Yaga :(  I'm RDR :(
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, I know.  I quoted you because you inspired the bogus lines I put up.  The last part wasn't directed at you.</div>
  • A guy I know's fiancé was on that show last week. This is the BSC guy that said he wanted to marry me after we hung out a few times as friends. Next girl he dated he proposed to within 4 months. They're getting married this spring or summer. BF and I joke about it because if it had been me I'd be married to a crazy dude by now. No thanks! We still run into him in public and it's always really awkward.

• I say defintely do the show it can't hurt.  SYTTD is the one wedding related show I'd love to be on someday.

Anniversary

• I love the show but I haven't heard the greatest things about actually shopping at Kleinfelds. My cousin (who lives in NYC) and other people I've talked to have said it felt impersonal and like they were being rushed.

I think it'd be pretty cool to be on the show though - do you get paid for that? lol
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I dunno, whenever I watch that show and the client doesn't buy a dress, the salespeople always biitch about how their time was wasted and they lost their commission. They come off as biitchy.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • I liked the show Bridal Bootcamp. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I'd do SYTTD if I had the dough, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sorry I totally forgot to come back to this thread yesterday! 

Kelly -- That's what I've heard too.  I don't want dress shopping to be a bad experience but it would be fun to go there I think :)  And no, they don't pay you or anything like that at all.  

Bella -- Exactly.  I feel like unless you have a sad story they generally portray you to be crazy or a bitch.  That's the main reason I'm leaning away.  They'd probably say something bad about my crazy family & I'd go back there & raise hell LOL

Wrkn -- I've never heard of Bridal Bootcamp but I just looked it up & I *need* to see that! Is it still on TV?  I wonder if old episodes are on-demand. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards