Oklahoma

Wedding and reception venues in Tulsa area?

I recently got engaged and have been having trouble finding many venues for a ceremony and reception that are not incredibly expensive. The wedding isn't until May or June of 2011 so there's still plenty of time, but I was wanting to get this one thing out of the way soon. Does anyone know of any good places in the general Tulsa area? I'm good with Tulsa, Sand Springs, Owasso, B.A., etc. :)

Thanks!

Re: Wedding and reception venues in Tulsa area?

• edited December 2011

It really depends on how big you plan your wedding to be. The Dresser Mansion is a pretty popular place and there's a place in Broken Arrow but the name has escaped me. If it's going to be smaller or you want it outside, the Kennedy Mansion is also very pretty. You could also look into renting out the Tulsa Historical Society or the Philbrook if it's within your budget. HTH and congratulations!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversaryPhotobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I also forgot about the Post Oak Lodge in Jenks. Very beautiful and reasonably priced.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversaryPhotobucket
  • sharbear18sharbear18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I've looked into a few of those already. We're looking at around 150 people for an indoor wedding...
  • mkeenan409mkeenan409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey you should check out Harwelden Mansion. It is perfect for 150 people and very well priced. I am in a similar situation, recently engaged and looking for June 2011. But check it out it is worth your time. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in Tulsa and was looking for something very reasonably priced.  The key is finding a venue that lets you bring in your own catering and alcohol.  The places that make you use their catering are over the top expensive.  Tulsa Historical Society and Tulsa Garden Center are two of the most reasonably priced and you can bring in your own vendors therefore allowing you to price shop and get the best deal.  In addition, check out the German American Society, Tulsa Zoo (they have a brand new facility that is really cool), Skelly Lodge, Tulsa PAC, Studio 212.  Here is a good list of venues that really helped me when I was looking:

http://www.djconnectiontulsa.com/index.cfm?id=28
  • edited December 2011
    I am new to this site but i chose my wedding venue at the harwelden mansion. it is gorgeous and resonably priced. i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Burnett Mansion in Sapulpa.  Check out their website:

www.burnettmansion.com

I think they have space to have up to 200 people inside on the first floor.  They are extremely well priced...$1500 for the entire weekend.  Friday at 5pm til Sunday at 2pm.  This gives you time for rehearsal, decorating & setup, and cleanup.  They can also provide tables and chairs for up to 100.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards