Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Return Address Question

I am about to send out my STDs and was wondering, since my FI and I don't live together yet, what should I write for the return addresses? Should I just put my name at my address, or both of our names at my address?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Return Address Question

• Options
    The Post Office doesn't care if you put no name, so that's also an option.

Which you choose is up to you. If you're both paying, I can see wanting his name on anything invitation-like. But maybe not living together is important to you, and you don't want to send false signals. Not living together is important to us, but the idea of issuing anything invitation-like in just my name would be too strange. I personally would put both names or no names. If your parents are paying, you can put their names, even if you don't live with them. It shouldn't confuse the post office, as long as their last name matches yours.
  • Options
    We put both names, but we were living together at the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    We didn't put a name, just the address.

Our RSVPs were addressed to The Smith-Jones Wedding
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not moving in to my FI until the month of the wedding, so on my save the dates, I put my name only with my address.  If I could go back, I probably would have just put my address. That's what I will be doing on the inivitations.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We were living together when we sent ours out, but didn't bother putting a return address on it.  We used postcards, so there really wasn't room.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I did my last name / his last name, and my address.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 300 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 300 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards