Interracial Weddings

Hello!

Re: Hello!

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw the post about this! Hey girl!!! ;) 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Kara! haha =)
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    We're the only ones here! So funny! So how are you 2 interracial? What's your FI? 
    For us, I'm Filipino and FI is white! 
  • edited December 2011
    For me , I am white obviously lol and FI is half Puerto Rican and half Irish.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    edited December 2011
    Hi there - just saw the post for this board.  I'm surprised it wasn't created sooner.

Our wedding day is July 8, 2011
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! 

My name is Juliet and I am getting marries March 19, 2011.  I'm Irish and Italian and my fiance is African American and Irish. 

I'm glad that this board was started!
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    @Jen: You will make cute babies!!! ;) 

Hi there mybooboos!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm here!

I'm American of mostly Scottish/English descent, and FI is from India!

Our wedding is May 28.

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    aww thanks Kara...

My name is Jennifer by the way and as stated above I am white (Italian, Irish, French and German) and he is PR and Irish. Our wedding is March 25! So soon! Awesome that both Kara and you too Julesbug are March brides =)
    Part of That World Blog
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I think it is awesome that we have a few March brides here! But I think it's because we had the post about it on there yesterday! Lol I'll do a proper intro too.

My name is Kara. I am Filipino of Spanish descent and my FI is white. Although he doesn't know what he really is, his family is a whole lot of mix of different European countries! lol Our wedding is on March 5th! It's coming by so soon! 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone,

I am Kristen my FI is Vince.  Were getting married May 28, 2011.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    hi! im cassie and im black and my fi is hungarian,our wedding is april 17th!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hey everybody!!! Its about time this board was made, anyway I'm crystal, my FI Josh and I are getting married Oct 7th!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Melinda. My FI, Tony is black and I'm white. :)

We are still deciding where to get married (NYC where we live or Houston where we are from), but we're hoping that our date can be 11-5-11.  He proposed on New Year's Eve (hence the hats).

Best to everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    HI! 
    Wow, I'm so glad to see a bunch of posts on here! I'm white, my FI is black and Native American. Our date is a ways away (August, 2012), but I'm planning already. I'm wondering what you all are incorporating into your ceremonies to honor your different cultures? 

@Mphelps333 - I was just browsing colors and I loved the plum and green you picked. Then I saw your two hands and I thought I was looking at my own profile! We are also not from where we live now (Portland) and decided to have the ceremony where we live, then a reception where we're from. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hello ladies,
    Just saw this board. YAY!!!

Name is Joy. I am AA and FI is white (italian/irish). Our ceremonies are on April 15th (Nigerian ceremony) and 16th (traditional ceremony). And yes, it does feel like planning 2 weddings.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • misskatr5misskatr5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Everyone. I'm so happy that I found this board. I just recently got engaged during the christmas holiday. Im Filipino and FI is Middle Eastern. We haven't set a date yet but I'm hoping to have some time next year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! *waves*

I'm Lauren and I am AA and my FI, Sean, is Irish. We are getting married April 28, 2012 in Connecticut. So glad this board has FINALLY been created!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey you guys! My wedding is September 3, 2011. I am African American and my FI is Italian. So cool that we have our own board here!
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!! So happy this board is here finally. Im Black with some mexican and native american herritage and FI is as white as can be . Thats my boo.lol We are getting married april 13,2012 in PHX, AZ
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HEY THERE!!!

I am SO excited to see this board!  My nam is Lela, I am AA/Puerto Rican and FI is White (French Canadian/German/Irish).  We are getting married 9/2/2012 on a Walt Disney World property and I'm just getting busy with the serious planning phase.
    80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Janae. I am African-American and my FI is Belgian.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • EmilyandVivekEmilyandVivek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad this exists, and I can't wait to get on with more serious conversation. My name is Emily, and I'm from a mixed Eastern European Jewish family, and my fiance, Vivek, is of Indian descent. We're working on how to integrate our cultures, make his mother happy without having a Hindu ceremony, and make sure everyone has something they like to eat at the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey everyone!

I'm American (of Scottish/German/British descent, but that was a long time ago) and FI is a first-generation Indian immigrant.

(christyhal, I think we're twins - we have the same wedding date too!)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just found out that this board exists, nice!

I am already married though - I am Indian and my husband is American. We had a traditional Hindu wedding and a mostly "American" reception (with Indian food).

Happy planning to all the brides to be!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!  I'm Italian, FI is Cuban!  September 3rd 2011 is the date!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RC17RC17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    um wow just saw this board...
    Im African American and FI is Irish
    Visit Madison.weddings.com Visit DIY.weddings.com
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Everyone! I'm a bit late.
    I'm African-American and Dominican and my FI is Puerto Rican and White (His mom is from middle-America).
    Our wedding is 10-22-11
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ... I'm Lisa, this is FI (Tom) and me:

and this is my son (Thomas, from my first marriage -- matching names are just a coincidence, ha!) and me:

• edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Lexi! I'm Black and my FI is White. 5/21/11 is our wedding date. Happy Planning all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards