Illinois-Chicago

Anyone go to Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn?

I am really really wanting an Alfred Angelo gown and this seems to be one of the few shops that carry his line.

Has anyone gone here? Please share any experiences.
Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio

Re: Anyone go to Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn?

• edited December 2011

I went there but did not buy. The AC was out when I went and the whole salon smelled like cig smoke. The ladies that work there were helpful, though.

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @mywedding, were we there on the same day? the air was not working the day I went either, it was a pain because wedding dresses are heavy!

BUT, I'm c&p my post from below:

I know there are a bunch of other posts about Eva's in Oak Lawn, but I do want to say that I had a good experience when I purchased my wedding dress there. My consultant was so nice and asked what styles of dresses I was interested in. All the dresses she brought me were everything that I described that I wanted. In fact, I described the dress that I ultimately purchased to her (I could only remember the designer, not the style #) and she knew exactly which one I was talking about.

Now, I haven't received my dress (I just ordered it in July and my wedding is in May), so I can't comment on how long it takes to come in, etc.  Additionally, she quoted me a pretty hefty price for alterations. However, she say they would give me a discount on altering my dress from straps to strapless w/a sweetheart neckline (which I plan on doing), but I still have the option of having my other alterations (hem, bustle, etc.) somewhere else..
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Evas for my own wedding and I did not like the exoerience. The place is dirty, it smells, and the dresses aren't in great shape. Also, I know they filled bankrupcy and closed their other store in schaumburg. My friend ordered her dress there and never go it. I would beware. A great place to go is Here comes the bride in Addison IL.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_anyone-evas-bridals-of-oak-lawn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:17ee6a59-ad91-408e-a308-dcb290f59c1cPost:b91ade66-f737-48ef-a86f-06d00e6d781c">Re: Anyone go to Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to Evas for my own wedding and I did not like the experience. The place is dirty, it smells, and the dresses aren't in great shape. Also, I know they filled bankruptcy and closed their other store in Schaumburg. My friend ordered her dress there and never go it. I would beware. A great place to go is Here comes the bride in Addison IL.
    Posted by FutureSarahPalicka[/QUOTE]

I have a problem with your posts (and you never responded to a post I paged to you) regarding your accusations of bankruptcy.  They are NOT affiliated with any other Eva's (this is what I was told personally by them, and confirmed by another Eva's that I went to in Orland that they are ALL independently owned) and the story of bankruptcy for this specific store is a RUMOR conjured up by another competing bridal salon....  I think you need to stop feeding this rumor troll every time anyone posts about Eva's and get your facts straight before you start with these accusations.  There are other brides that got their dresses from this store and to cause a panic from reading a fake bankrutcy story is just unacceptable.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, I went there with my bridesmaid two weekends ago looking for bridesmaid dresses and I had a great experience.  They have a huge selection of bridesmaid AND bridal dresses and they were nice enough to let me try on a few dresses while I was there.  We are ordering our bmaid dresses from there and I have another appointment in November to try on dresses for myself.  I intend on getting my dress there.
  • ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any experience with Eva's of Oak Lawn but there are lots of bridal salons that carry Alfred Angelo so if that's the concern I would double check your area. My BM dresses are Alfred Angelo and the line was in almost every store that we went to. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Love is Bald - awesome response.

I bought my dress from Eva's and couldn't have been happier.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_anyone-evas-bridals-of-oak-lawn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:17ee6a59-ad91-408e-a308-dcb290f59c1cPost:5e20d426-4c35-4fe8-95b7-bb01b2832ff7">Re: Anyone go to Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have any experience with Eva's of Oak Lawn but there are lots of bridal salons that carry Alfred Angelo so if that's the concern I would double check your area. My BM dresses are Alfred Angelo and the line was in almost every store that we went to. HTH!
    Posted by ladybug7485[/QUOTE]

Would you mind telling me which store you got the BM dresses? I have doing the searches online for stores that carry his line and am just not finding them.

Thanks for all the posts ladies!
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there are 17 locations that come up when I do a search off their website
  • ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally went to House of Brides in Chicago, and Kasia's Bridal in Chicago. Ditto MrsPaps just check the alfred angelo website. Don't check "Signature stores" those are Alfred Angelo only, just click on find a store on the top right.
  • msgde2shusmsgde2shus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just picked up my dress last week from Eva's of Oak Lawn.  It wasn't the most glamorous experience (the store is kind of dirty and rather warm,) but I did get the dress of my dreams and my sales consultant was very nice and helpful.  My dress came in early and it was completely perfect.  After reading reviews, I decided not to do my alterations through them, but my experience was great - I really cannot complain.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP 10/2/10, D&E 2/8/11 @ 22 weeks due to encephalocele BFP 12/25/11 - EDD 9-5-12 *please be our take home baby!* Baby Girl born August 30, 2012 at 39 weeks 1 day via c-section
  • edited December 2011
    WWW.DINOLFOSOWES.COM
    Theres nothing gorgeous or dramatic about this crooked joint or their
    equally crooked owners .If you want to have you hard earned money not
    going to the rightful place like the hard working wait staff .When they
    say gratuities are given to the wait staff ITS A LIE . When you drop a
    few ones into the counter slot for your coat its doesn’t go to the
    employee working the room which is a federa; labor law violation it goes
    directly back to the crooked owners . PATRONS BEWARE. ILLEGAL BUSINESS
    PRACTICES CONDUCTED AT HOMER GLEN & MOKENA DiNolfos Banquets Halls !!!!!
    Don’t make your special day their pay day .ASK WHY DO THEY FORCE FEED
    YOU THEIR OWN VENDORS??AND CHARGE YOU A FEE IF YOU WANT YOUR OWN
    VENDORS???ASK WHY YOU CAN’T USE A CREDIT CARD FOR ANY PAYMENT????it’s
    2010 ???????And watch out what your eat or drink you might pick up a bad
    case of the shits or worst .NOROVIRUS OUTBREAK  JULY 2010 SO if you want a nice
    case of burned hot acid liquid rocket ass drink up & eat up !!!!
  • edited December 2011

ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES CONDUCTED HERE AT DiNOLFOS MOKENA/HOMER GLEN

PATRONS AND EMPLOYEES OF DINOLFOS BANQUETS OF MOKENA /HOMER GLEN  YOU AS WEDDING COUPLE HAVE RIGHTS TO KNOW HOW & WHO KEEPS IT AND IF IT'S ILLEGALLY KEPT!!!!! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER >ASK THE HARD QUESTIONS .IT'S YOUR MONEY !!!

YOUR HARD EARN PAY DOESN'T GO WHERE YOUR TOLD IT'S GOING FROM THIS CORRUPT FAMILY OWNED BANQUET HALLS!!!

YOUR HARD WORKING WAITSTAFF NEEDS YOU NOT TO PAY FOR THE GRATUITY PORTION OF THE BILL . YOUR TOLD THEY PAY THEIR WAI STAFF> IT'S A BOLD FACE LIE .WAIT STAFF DOES NOT RECEIVE NONE OF YOUR MONEY THAT THEY SHOULD SEE BY ILLINOIS STATE LABOR LAWS . WE ASK THAT YOU TELL DINOLFOS MANAGEMENT YOU WILL PAY THE WAITSTAFF WORKING YOUR ROOM DIRECTLY TO THEM BEFORE THE EVENT TO DOUBLE MAKE SURE THEY DID GET {PAID}

DO NOT DROP ANY CASH MONEY INTO THE COAT ROOM COUNTER SLOT !!!
    DINOLFOS ALSO KEEP THOSE CASH TIP THAT SHOULD BE GOING TO THE STAFF THAT WORK INSIDE THE COAT ROOM />IT'S A FEDERAL LABOR LAW VIOLATION KEEPING ANY CASH TIPS FROM AN EMPLOYEE!!PLEASE ONLY HAND IT DIRECTLY TO THE EMPLOYEES HAND AND ASK FOR THEM TO PUT IT INSIDE THEIR POCKET!!!

PLEASE HELP US STOP THE CORRUPTION AT DINOLFOS MOKENA & HOMER GLEN

HELP ALL THOSE HARD WORKING DINOLFOS SERVERS GET WHAT THEY WORK FOR

AND EMPLOYEE RIGHTS

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards