Attire & Accessories Forum

Thinking of buying a dress on the cheap directly from China

Dear Anybody who reads this,

Please learn from my mistake and do NOT buy a dress directly from China.  There are several websites out there, including ClothingTalks.com who advertise pictures directly from David's Bridal that they can make dresses for less than half of the cost.  It is NOT the same dress and you will NOT get your money back.  Don't do it!

Good luck!
Bride in August  Kiss

Re: Thinking of buying a dress on the cheap directly from China

• If you paid with a credit card, which you must have if you ordered online, you should go through your card company's complaint procedures.

Several people at my church recommended ordering through a local shop to have a dress made in China. They even had a couple shops to recommend. That's what I've done, and theknot has their fingers crossed with me.
  • To ILoveMilkDuds:

I think you do an excellent job of moderating the board, keeping vendors off, and moving the "gowns for sale" ads to the appropriate board. I just wanted to let you know that the link you posted in your message at the top of the "Attire and Accessories" board

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/fashionbeauty-26594250/avoid-wedding-dress-blues-27146103.html

no longer goes to the GMA video about knock-off wedding gowns. It now goes to a story about Queen Elizabeth's jewelry. It seems that it links to the most recent GMA video(s).

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards