March 2014 Weddings

Flowers?

Is it too soon to start looking at florists? I recently met with a florist, but now I feel like its too early to be thinking about flowers. At the same time, I want to get quotes from other florists so I have something to compare it to...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Flowers?

• I thought the same thing. A florist I met at my reception venue's bridal show said that June/July would be the best time. I'm going to wait even longer and shoot for September.
  • It's definitely not too soon to start looking.  It's nice to see the flowers that are in season and to get a sense of what you want for the wedding.  I've met with one florist, and I plan on meeting with at least two more before I decide.  And, I don't plan on putting a deposit down until August.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think this depends on what your priorities are and where you are being wed.

My fiance and I are being married in a large urban center (Baltimore) and having a floral designer (not a florist but a full on artist who designs with flowers) was important to me (because I am a designer/gardener who would totally DIY elaborate flowers if it was not that I was busy being married)...so we booked our florist well in advance of any other bride/groom, so we didn't need to worry the top-rated, most creative designer/s would be unavailable by the time we asked.  As it turns out, the lady we booked was fully booked for March-April 2014 as of a week ago.  (the biggest concern was that I wanted someone who would be willing to work with water lilies as a centerpiece component, and most florists were not/are not comfortable with this kind of atypical plant material.)

If, though, flowers are not a huge priority or you are looking for very traditional florals, I think it's safe to wait till summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards