California-Bay Area

Florist Recommendations - East Bay & Tri Valley Area

Hi - Can anyone please tell me where I can get great flowers at a reasonable price in the East Bay or Tri Valley area. My wedding will be in Pleasanton, CA. And if you got flowers from this place, which flowers do you recommend? My colors are  red, gold and aqua. Thanks so much for your recommendations!

Re: Florist Recommendations - East Bay & Tri Valley Area

• tamarajohanntamarajohann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Melissa Liu of Blossom Decor.  She is in Palo Alto, but is doing our flowers for a wedding in San Ramon.  She was the most organized and professional of all the florists we met with.  I haven't seen her final product yet (wedding is in 6-7 wks) but she had tons of pictures to help you decide.  She really broke down the whole process for us and made it easy to choose.  She also went back to re-work the proposal for us 3 times until the price was what we wanted!  I would highly recommend her so far.  Her website is www.blossomdecor.com.

Good Luck!
    Tammy
  • edited December 2011
    My florist is also in Palo Alto.  Susan with Three Sister's Flowers is great. 

I think the flowers you pick depend on how you are incorporating your colors.  Will you have white table cloths with aqua overlays and red flowers?  I think if you did that gerbera daisies would be fun and bright. 

I love dahlias in red too.

With white flowers the possibilities are endless.  Hydrangeas are my fave!

Aqua would be harder to have in flowers but I'm sure a florist could let you know what your options to dye flowers would be...keep in mind that means more $$.  HTH
  • hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend is using Flower Divas in Santa Clara. I went to her initial meeting and was very impressed, and she can really work with you depending on your budget. It just seemed to me that she was very calm and collected and really had her stuff together.  She's the kind of person I would want working with me on my wedding, just because I know she's not the kind of person who will get stressed and then stress me out! 

As far as flowers, that depends on your tastes and budget.  If I were you, I would talk with whoever you choose as a florist and see what he/she can do for you.  For me, the colors and overall look are what is important.  I don't really care what the flowers are just so long as I achieve the look I'm going for.  You can create the same overall look with lots of different flowers, and some flowers are way more expensive than others. 

Good luck!
  • katmstrangekatmstrange member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am hiring Sweet Peas Floral Designs. They are gorgeous! My wedding is in SF but I think they will travel to Pleasonton.

www.SweetPeasFloralDesigns.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 132 Invited so far! image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 12 Will be missing out
  • DLTT4EVADLTT4EVA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very nice work and very reasonal price.

http://www.vofloraldesign.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards