Military Brides

*taylorpretzel4*

How did things go when you finally talked to your FI?  I've been thinking about you since Saturday and keep checking the post for updates.  I hope you're doing okay.
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: *taylorpretzel4*

• ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    same here.... I hope things are ok..
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto. I've been checking on here everyday to see if she's posted anything 
  • edited December 2011
    I have too. I hope things worked out for her. That really sucks hearing something like that from his mother. Goodness.

I hope everything is alright girl. :)
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, ladies. Wow, I really appreciate all of this. I didn't even think I'd get a passing thought.

He didn't call me on Sunday, so I don't know what to think right now. But I'm pulling through. I spent last Thursday and Friday bawling my eyes out, and when I didn't get that call, I was numb. But now things have sortof evolved into a relative indifference. Idk, I don't think I'll hold a strong opinion on this issue until I hear from him, and I hear his side of things. I've just been focusing on school, work, and my family. It's all I really can do while I'm in this relationship purgatory, y'know?

But seriously. Seeing this thread is possibly the sweetest thing that's ever happened to me. It's refreshing that some people still genuinely care about others.  :]

Totally made my week.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be honest, though. I do still love him, and to just be with him is what I want more than anything at this very moment. Most of the time, I don't think about it - but lying in bed, well, that's a different story.  :/

Darn you, Missy Higgins, and your emotional lyrics.
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's horrible that you weren't able to talk to him Sunday.  At least its almost Sunday again so hopefully he can calll this week.  If not I would fear that as a sign that he is afraid to talk.

That's great that you have been able to put it out of your mind for now, or at least to focus on other things.  I can't imagine how ridiculously long this time has been for you.  When you do finally get to talk to him, don't forget what you want to say and want to ask him.  Good luck still, and let us know how it goes.  We are here for you. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    We'll be here when you find out what happened.  Good luck!  Keep your chin up, remind yourself that ultimately you're the only person you have to face in the mirror every day, and do what's best for you. 

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    He didn't call on Sunday. Time to move on and focus on me.  :]

Thanks for everything, ladies. I needed the support you gave me, and I'd probably still be mopey if it weren't for y'all.

I'll still be creeping around here from time to time!  :D
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that.  But that definitely sounds like a sign to me that he's guilty of all of that.  Even if he just wasn't able to make a phone call I'm sure he could have managed to write a letter in the meantime to clarify the situation if he really wanted to. 

I'm glad to hear you're doing okay with it though.  if you get mopey again just think how lucky you were to find this out now instead of after a wedding and moving your life across country with him or something.  Good luck and stay strong about it.  We are always hear if you need us. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got a letter from him today. Sorry if it's TL;DR material. It's worth it - I swear.

"31 Oct 2010, Halloween

Dear Taylor,

So I called my mom today to find out that not only did you talk to my mom without my permission you told her f*cking everything that wasn't supposed to be said for another month or too. I got my ass chewed out and I still can't believe you would do that. The thing is Taylor, you just ruined every hope of us being together. I didn't cheat on you but that doesn't matter now because you were so impatient and immature that you had to go and f*ck things up. So thanks. So now I have to break up with you again. So this will be my last letter and probably the last time we talk to each other. I hope you have a happy life you'll get over me and find someone like that one guy you still like anyways or Devin, but that's all I can give you. Maybe we'll both learn something from this, but its whatever I guess I'm only 18 and you 19 There's plenty of fish in the sea. But Taylor, I do love and you'll always have a place in my heart, but it just wasn't meant to be and we both need to move on. Sorry, but it's what has to be done. I've learned a lot here and Integrity, honor, pride, and now instilled in me not like before and honestly we're not on the same level. I have control you don't, and I'm more mature by now. It's just not the same now. I've changed for the better and I think I just need to move on. So this is my farewell. Goodbye.

- Aaron"

Sanctimonious asshat.

Also, he sent back the pictures I overnighted, but not the letter I sent pleading him to level with me regarding his other facebook/cheating/etc. And on the envelope he wrote "Keep 'Em".

So... Do any of you have cute, single friends? Lol, jk.
    edited December 2011

I'm glad you are taking it so well.  Like we told you in your original thread, don't let him make you think its your fault.  If he were innocent and really wanted to be with you, he wouldn't care that you talked to his mom "without his permission."  Honestly he sounds like a giant douche and you could do so much better.  Don't ever think otherwise.  If you are only 19, consider that a huge favor was done for you, and enjoy your life and college years.  Trust me when I say that you will look back on this and your relationship with him and laugh at yourself for ever considering marrying him.  Its happened to me, and most everyone on these boards can tell you they thought they had found "the one" before.  Good luck, and you can always stick around here.  I've found some great friends on the knot.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    LOL at him learning a lot about honor, integrity, and maturity. So he's on a higher level.

He's a tool, and you will be better off. Be single, have fun, change your avatar, enjoy being young. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_taylorpretzel4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:99989aa2-95b5-44d6-8b09-cd403c279bc3Post:0906cc9a-f65b-458c-b98e-c1c3420ccbe0">Re: *taylorpretzel4*</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL at him learning a lot about honor, integrity, and maturity. So he's on a higher level. He's a tool, and you will be better off. Be single, have fun, <strong>change your avatar</strong>, enjoy being young. 
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]<div>
     LOL. Totally jumping on board with that ship.  :D</div>
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    As far as regretting ever considering marrying this guy, I'm sure you do already.  But I totally agree he's an asshat and deserve the karmic kick in the ass that I'm sure is heading his way.  You're in good company... there's a LOT of us who thought we'd marry the man we dated at 18 (though I wasn't in any rush - planned on finishing college first).  For proof, check this out:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_18-years-old

Sorry it happened like this!  Keep your head up, do something to make yourself feel better - get a mani/pedi or something and have some friends over for a movie marathon with ice cream sundaes!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Cate - Ahh, I enjoyed reading that post. Makes me feel a tiny bit less idiotic.  :]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards