Connecticut
Options

Spicers Events - Any reviews??

Hi,

I am looking into day of wedding coordinators. I have been pricing out a bunch and spoken with a few. I have read great reviews on some of the other wedding coordinators I may choose but I wanted to see if anyone has worked with Spicers Events or has known anyone who has worked with them.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Spicers Events - Any reviews??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Spicers. I interviewed many many wedding coordinators. I liked everyone I spoke with. We have some great planners available to us in CT! I had two that were my faves. 

1) Carisa Lockery of CR Socials. She is super awesome. I can't say enough great things about her. crsocials.com (P.S- She works with a florist!)

2) Michelle Neff of Dreaming Tree Events. She was really sweet, and the least expensive of everyone I interviewed. dreamingtree-events.com

Good luck!
  • Options
    ttbeachttbeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Never heard of them.  What I looked for was a planner who was going to work for me.    I wanted to know that they would I guess be my voice for the day since I would be getting ready.  They needed to have experience and do this work full time. I wanted to be able to get a hold of them with ease. We went from planning a huge CT event to moving everything to FL and had a nice size event. My planner was able to handle that. Of course I wanted them budget friendly.  I asked how many events they do a year, the biggest, the smallest and I researched as much as I could. Having said all that:
    I would suggest Kia from ESTOccasions. http://www.estoccasions.com She was amazing. Always seemed to be right there for me and even a step ahead.  She was the right type of relaxed and yet really focused for me. I think I interviewed about 3 other planners and she ended up being the one we were happiest with. I recommend her left and right now and a wedding I'm in is using her.

I'm sure you will find the perfect match for you though.
  • Options
    sjbn2010sjbn2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_spicers-events-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:3c640e5c-591a-411e-be0d-8b2fba35d41fPost:de495e0a-ff7f-4520-9ca5-9c5417e6bf6f">Re: Spicers Events - Any reviews??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never heard of Spicers. I interviewed many many wedding coordinators. I liked everyone I spoke with. We have some great planners available to us in CT! I had two that were my faves.  1) Carisa Lockery of CR Socials. She is super awesome. I can't say enough great things about her. crsocials.com (P.S- She works with a florist!) 2) Michelle Neff of Dreaming Tree Events. She was really sweet, and the least expensive of everyone I interviewed. dreamingtree-events.com Good luck!
    Posted by Salamandy24[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ditto Clarissa.. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard good things about Kia from ESTOccasions! I sent some emails back and forth with her during my research, but never actually met with her. She seemed great to work with based on emails though! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vote 3 for Kia of ESTOccasions! I am using her as my planner. I did tons of research on planners and even exchanged emails with several but she is the first one who I felt listened to me and designed her pricing based on my needs, instead of fitting me into a "one price fits all" category. She has proven to be incredibly knowledgeable about vendors, and has been willing to plan a wedding that may or may not be in the state of CT. She can do "day of" coordinating or full out planning. I have also met her staff and found them to be as knowlegeable and easygoing and caring as she is.

Before you think I am completely biased, I did a couple months research, both here and in VT where I may be getting married, contacted many, many coordinators/planners, and KNOW without a doubt that I got the best fit for me!
  • Options
    blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone. I did talk to Kia at EST and I agree she was great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards