Indiana

Michiana reception venue that dosen't look like crap!

So, I am driving myself crazy trying to find a place that is affordable in the South Bend/Mishawaka area that is cheap, but not a complete sh*thole.  Does anyone know of such a place?  It has to be indoors.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Michiana reception venue that dosen't look like crap!

• AngelaC0823AngelaC0823 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm not sure what your budget is.  Have you looked into the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel right by St. Mary's College?  They have a beautiful reception hall and they seem to be able to work with all budgets.  They are also super friendly there.  Another place is in Elkhart.  I can't remember the guy's name...I will keep looking.  He has three different locations to choose from, however one is in a plane hanger and it's not the most appealing on the outside, however it's beautiful inside.  He also allows you to decorate yourself if requested at no extra charge.  He will also often give you the keys a couple days in advance to get started at no extra charge.  (So, I've heard.)  A few of my friends have gotten married tere and loved it. 

Try going to the wedding expos that are coming up.  I know this guy goes to the Elkhart expo and maybe some in Michiana, too.

I hope that helps!

Angela
  • HippinhipsterHippinhipster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at places in Elkhart... Nagy Hall was affordable and the Athenian Ballroom is really pretty or the Spohn Ballroom The caterer is Pumpernickles catering and David is super nice and easy to work with
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Thank you both. 

Angela if you remember that guys name I will be so grateful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Saint Hedwig Memorial Center.  They have a website.  It's very affordable, good food, decorated nice, & is located over by the Cove.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards