Registry and Gift Forum

Dyson Ball vs Hoover Platinum

Hey girls -- Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of these vacuums: Dyson Ball DC25 (orange one), Dyson Ball Animal DC25 (purple one), or Hoover Platinum Cyclonic Bagless Upright.

Fi and I have read tons of reviews online, and we went to BB&B tonight to try them out ourselves.  Of course, they didn't even have the Hoover in the store :/ We're having a really hard time deciding....
image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10

Re: Dyson Ball vs Hoover Platinum

• We have the Dyson Animal (no ball... guess it's a girl! ohhhhhh bad late night jokes).

Anyway, actual question... We LOVE it! My mom got one and another type (Oreck maybe). She vacuumed with the Oreck and went back over the area with the Dyson and picked up half a container.

Did you read Consumer Reports? I <3 CR (even if my dyson isn't at the top!)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have two dogs (both long-haired) and went with the Dyson Animal (DC28), which is also the no-ball. The canister size was larger on the DC28, and so was the 'sucking power' I guess you could say. We haven't received it yet, but in comparing vacuums (and Hoover Platinum was one of them) we felt the Dyson would just be a better product.
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • edited March 2010
    I just bought the Hoover Windtunnel Pet Cyclonic Bagless vacuum last night and it is wonderful!  It was actually pretty gross because I had just vacuumed with my last vacuum cleaner and then went over it with my new Hoover and it picked up so much stuff!  I would definently recommend it, plus it got very good reviews in Consumer Reports.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for the CR link! I'm reading it now.  So helpful!
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • I have the Dyson Ball and I wouldn't have anything else.  I think it's the best wedding present we got!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards