Military Brides

Might need to reschedule...?

We have our wedding all planned for August 2011, but now it's looking like it might now happen. We've already sent out our save the dates, and have all our things with our wedding date on them (including our invites!).  I honestly have no idea what to do if the date needed to be changed...

Any advice at all would be incredibly helpful!
PersonalMilestone

Re: Might need to reschedule...?

• edited December 2011
    I saw someone post previously that if the save the dates have been sent, you can just resend them with a short note with a reason:

like, "Due to military obligations, the previous announced wedding between blank and blank planned for (date) will be rescheduled at a later date. We apologize for the inconvieniance, but we are looking forward to sharing our celebration with you!"

And for fun, you can also do a cutesie X on the previous date and put in the new date - or something else that denotes your personalities.

Hope that helps!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as dealing with the venues, do you have a military clause in your contract that states that if due to military commitments, the groom (or bride, if she's in the service) is unable to attend, that they will transfer your deposit to another available date of your choice?  If not, I'd talk to them QUICKLY because they're not obligated to do anything about it.  Make sure all your vendors have a clause like this in the contract because otherwise you can get stuck paying for services that you can't use if you don't end up getting married that day.

As far as paper stuff, that's up to you.  I'd have the invites reprinted with the correct information, personally.  If you have napkins or other things with the date stamped on them, it's up to you.  You can just leave it, and people will understand (really not that big of a deal).

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards